Headstock Tuner

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
With the arrival of my SE Angelus Standard coming next week, I would like to get a good one.
Back in 2012 when I got back into guitars again I got a small one for my Gibson SG '61 Reissue.
This was before I knew about pedal tuners, and I did not like the headstock one, and gave it away later to a neighbor after I got my first pedal tuner.

I know the Angelus has a tuner built in, and I can also use the Polytune 2 on my pedal board when plugged in, but I would also like to try out a nice headstock one for when I am not plugged into the board which would be rare since I will mainly be playing it unplugged.

Any recommendations for a good one and one that is very easy to read and not a teeny tiny inadequate screen?
Here is a ton of them on Amazon Prime offering.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...tuners&ie=UTF8&qid=1424954259&rnid=2470954011

I use the D'addario ns micro and it works fantastically. screen is bright even for every lighting condition and tuning is impeccable

We picked up a couple of 'Brand X' HS tuners(for free) from the Reverb.com booth at the Dallas Guitar Show last year, kept one and gave the other to my tech. Perfect for using during 'couch playing' watching TV, but not accurate enough, for me, if we're recording. I like to use the guitar output into a Boss TU-12H we've had for years, it's 'close enough for jazz'.

Roadie Tuner might be what you are looking for?

I recently purchased a Roadie tuner on a special deal for $80. Even at the normal $100 IMHO it is worth it!
WOW! This single device more accurately tunes all of my ten of my guitars and my Uke, 10x more accurately than anything other than a true strobe tuner.
I can attest to this since one of my guitars is a Peavy AT200 with autotune and the Roadie is the only way I can tune it accurately enough to avoid the dreaded sound you get when you hear the 'slightly out of tune string' as well as the corrected, sampled string!
Having used the Roadie for only a few days, I can only say it is wonderful, so far.
It has an internal rechargeable (via USB) battery.
One other unique benefit of this device is that you must first profile each guitar and it will indicate when you need a string change due to sonic degradation.
BTW My Angelus Custom SE just arrived ... since they were discontinued I've had a hard time finding one! Talk about great sound? Truly amazing for the price (if you can find another one?). The built in tuner is quite accurate.
I have no relation with Roadie other than I love it!

Back