HB II w/Rosewood Neck.

tabl10s

I have access to an '04(Red Tiger)in almost mint condition for $6k.
Yes or no?

Last edited:
No for me. In those, as much as I love rosewood necks, I’d be more looking for a spruce top. That’s really turned the key for me on my 99 and 04.

Pricing is weird these days, and opinions are as wildly divergent as I’ve ever seen them, but I’d say that’s pretty steep for what it is.

Here's how behind the times I am on used guitar prices: I figured it must be a Private Stock at that price.

Then I went and checked used PS prices on Reverb, and it's not much lower than what some are going for.

It's a used Core? Wow. Better be a f#ck of a great guitar for that kind of money.

The elevated price is for the neck, going rate is 4-5 K for that era , but a rw neck makes it rare and therefore more collectable for the right person.
I dunno. If memory serves, they made plenty of them, though they certainly weren't as popular as hog neck models, so no doubt fewer were made. But rare?

I had several McCartys with RW necks, and there were any number of RW neck Hollowbodies available at the time.

Here's how behind the times I am on used guitar prices: I figured it must be a Private Stock at that price.

Then I went and checked used PS prices on Reverb, and it's not much lower than what some are going for.

It's a used Core? Wow. Better be a f#ck of a great guitar for that kind of money.
Reverb pricing is way out of touch with value right now, still milking the pandemic fear-buying scalping that went on for a couple of years and is still screwing up perception. I’m just not buying into that, figuratively or literally.

Reverb pricing is way out of touch with value right now, still milking the pandemic fear-buying scalping that went on for a couple of years and is still screwing up perception. I’m just not buying into that, figuratively or literally.
I'd feel the same way.

I mean, rare? I've got a guitar from a PS run they made 40 of, and another from a PS run of 60. I'm not even sure those two qualify as rare, since there are plenty of PS guitars in the wild.

If I had a lick of sense I'd put 'em on Reverb, play the rarity card, and ask for some coin!

I agree that Reverb prices are way out of whack
Generally I don't approve of or suggest lowball offers. (They are insulting).
But nor do I approve of crazy high listing prices. (Also insulting)
SO. - Having said that - if you think you really want it then IMO it's OK to make a low offer, see what happens.

In the end the value of anything is determined by the buyer. If it floats your boat , grab it and enjoy if not ..dillengence pays off so keep searching until you find that lovely combination of desire and affordability

In the end the value of anything is determined by the buyer. If it floats your boat , grab it and enjoy if not ..dillengence pays off so keep searching until you find that lovely combination of desire and affordability
This is true. Not that my opinion matters anyway.

I'm seeing Hollowbody IIs in excellent condition with piezo on reverb in the 4K range, used. This one has a rosewood neck. I think that was about an $800 up-charge at the time (I had a 2002 and a 2006 with RW necks).

The price still seems high, but you're right, it's all in the mind of the buyer.

It is better to check the price tracking on reverb, as it gives an idea of the actual deals

Back