Has This Happened To You

Reading thru the posts, it seems that a lot of members have a lot of experience playing in working bands and in some not so nice bars.
I've played in every type of dive that you can imagine and I got a chuckle out of this item.

Just reading thru the latest GP and in the column "The Working Grunt", Nicky Garratt sums up some of his experience playing small clubs and dives.
I paraphrase ... "Small gigs have an altogether different set of problems ......... or the loser who thinks it's funny to unplug your guitar. :eek:

Got a good laugh out of that.

Not had anyone unplug my guitar but a drunken idiot threw up all over my pedal board once.

I've had a few oh crap moments when on stage antics have resulted in pulled power cords (not to be confused with power chords) etc, but nothing intentional.

Nothing liberal use of gaffer wouldn't have stopped...

Can't say I've ever had that happen. My cable/wireless is always wrapped through my strap. I also using angled jacks going into my guitar. Those 2 things prevent me from unplugging myself and probably make it tough for anyone to grab it.

Though I had a guy stepping on my pedal board over and over. I warned him multiple times to back off it. He didn't. The next time he almost fell on top of it, I knocked him on his drunken a$$. He got kicked out. Let's just say I'm not a big fan of floor level playing for heavy rock/metal shows.

Back in '74 I was in the house band at a club called the Hitchin' Post, in Campbell, CA--we played country during the week and early (9:00PM-1:30AM) shift on the weekends, and rock and R&B from 2-6:30AM weekends. So one Sunday we're in the middle of the after-hours shift, and this big ol' biker dude comes up to the stage to ask for a song, and he plants his size-11 motorcycle boot right on my Electro-Harmonix Big Muff pedal. Totally smashes the thing, breaks the plugs on both cords. My amp emits a sound like bacon frying, and he looks down and says, "Oops! Uh--how much do those cost?" "Forty bucks," I replied. Dude peels off eighty dollars and says, "Here--buy two!" Nice of him--but I had to play the rest of the night through a clean Kustom amp that wouldn't overload if its life depended on it! "Born To Be Wild" doesn't sound right with a clean guitar sound...

Back in '74 I was in the house band at a club called the Hitchin' Post, in Campbell, CA--we played country during the week and early (9:00PM-1:30AM) shift on the weekends, and rock and R&B from 2-6:30AM weekends. So one Sunday we're in the middle of the after-hours shift, and this big ol' biker dude comes up to the stage to ask for a song, and he plants his size-11 motorcycle boot right on my Electro-Harmonix Big Muff pedal. Totally smashes the thing, breaks the plugs on both cords. My amp emits a sound like bacon frying, and he looks down and says, "Oops! Uh--how much do those cost?" "Forty bucks," I replied. Dude peels off eighty dollars and says, "Here--buy two!" Nice of him--but I had to play the rest of the night through a clean Kustom amp that wouldn't overload if its life depended on it! "Born To Be Wild" doesn't sound right with a clean guitar sound...
Ha! Great story, nice he did right by his mistake at least.

Back