Multiple Amp/Speaker selector idea

Bill SAS 513

Just another old guy in a T-shirt
Just finished reading in another thread about pedal platforms, and many folks here have multiple rigs...Just wanted to give a recommendation…
I run a few tube heads (MT-15 and Dr-Z's) into a single 2 X 12" 8 ohm cabinet. To save from needing to plug/unplug every time I play a different head, I picked up a DeLisle Amp/Speaker Selector V2. The thing is awesome, small, passive, and pretty cheap. Takes 4 amps and / or 4 cabinets, and you can route any way you wish.
I have the cabinet into Spkr 1, and 4 heads into amps 1 thru 4. You just dial in the head you want to use at that time.
So if you have a "studio set-up"...multiple heads or speakers, you can set them up and not climb around plugging and unplugging every time you wanna switch amps/cabinets.

Again, just a suggestion, but I spent a lot of time researching this, and very happy with what I found.

Just finished reading in another thread about pedal platforms, and many folks here have multiple rigs...Just wanted to give a recommendation…
I run a few tube heads (MT-15 and Dr-Z's) into a single 2 X 12" 8 ohm cabinet. To save from needing to plug/unplug every time I play a different head, I picked up a DeLisle Amp/Speaker Selector V2. The thing is awesome, small, passive, and pretty cheap. Takes 4 amps and / or 4 cabinets, and you can route any way you wish.
I have the cabinet into Spkr 1, and 4 heads into amps 1 thru 4. You just dial in the head you want to use at that time.
So if you have a "studio set-up"...multiple heads or speakers, you can set them up and not climb around plugging and unplugging every time you wanna switch amps/cabinets.

Again, just a suggestion, but I spent a lot of time researching this, and very happy with what I found.

I'm down to two heads now, but have multiple cabs and flip them often. I've often thought about a device, but so far have stayed old school.... unplug, plug in the next one. LOL Might take a look at this. Is it pretty transparent? Any added noise?

DTR...no noise at all, that I can tell. I run 4 heads into 1 cab...so my DeLisle I have is maxed out... but they also do an 8 X 8...which appears to be around the same thing as the Ampete mentioned above...all cool toys that make life much easier. Couple hundred bucks saves your back.

That’s a pretty great price assuming it’s a quality product. This would certainly be fun to take one head and a/b/c/d thru multiple cabs or vice versa.

That’s a pretty great price assuming it’s a quality product. This would certainly be fun to take one head and a/b/c/d thru multiple cabs or vice versa.

Yup...that's what I thought, too, Vaughn...I like that its passive and you can tuck it somewhere accessible and go to town without all that bending over crap. Forget their names but its 2 brothers (I think??) running the show and the one I spoke to when I called walked me through available setup possibilities.

What does the amp selector do if you take an amp off of standby without it being connected to your speaker cabinet? Is there a built-in dummy load?

What does the amp selector do if you take an amp off of standby without it being connected to your speaker cabinet? Is there a built-in dummy load?
Great question. I was wondering this too. Could you have 4 amps all turned on and just flip between cabinets? Or do they need to be powered down every time before you switch?

I’ve researched absolutely none of this, but I’m guessing the Ampete stuff is so expensive because you can just rifle through everything and switch between things very quickly without turning any of it off?

This is something I've thought about a bit, too. I only have the two cabs right now, but to be able to switch multiple heads between them would be sweet. Does it handle different ohm ratings? I've got a 4x12 and a 2x12, so I'd have to switch the heads between 8 and 16, but if I'm going to run one of the cabs, that's not a big deal. I'm thinking one output to the CabClone as well.

I went the other direction with this idea a few years ago. I actually built from scratch a ABC switch so that i could use 3 guitars in one Amp, without unplugging everytime.

Good questions, all...unfortunately, I'm not wise enough to answer a couple. I did spent a few minute on the phone with them when I bought it, and they walked me through the possibilities. Sorry...

This is something I've thought about a bit, too. I only have the two cabs right now, but to be able to switch multiple heads between them would be sweet. Does it handle different ohm ratings? I've got a 4x12 and a 2x12, so I'd have to switch the heads between 8 and 16, but if I'm going to run one of the cabs, that's not a big deal. I'm thinking one output to the CabClone as well.

Alan, pretty sure, yes. Pretty sure Ohms doesn't make a difference, but GTS (Google That $hit) to be sure...

Back