Graph Tech Saddles

Black Dog

The Blue
I recently purchased a SE Standard and I started to make some changes. I swapped out the pickups. I didn't care for the 85/15 S humbuckers. I just ordered locking tuners from John Mann's Vault and I was looking into changing the saddles to Graph Tech. Does anyone have any input on these. Are they worth changing.

I looked into them at one point and Ultimately decided no from experiences I read. I went core, was going to get just the saddles or Manns upgrade kit, but ended up snagging a used core trem instead.

I did some research and found a thread from 2018 and most people who posted didn't care for the Graph Tech saddles so I will scrap that idea. I'm mainly looking to change the saddles to black for aesthetic reasons. I'm thinking too much. I need to stop and leave well enough alone.

I did some research and found a thread from 2018 and most people who posted didn't care for the Graph Tech saddles so I will scrap that idea. I'm mainly looking to change the saddles to black for aesthetic reasons. I'm thinking too much. I need to stop and leave well enough alone.
I had a set in my Standard. I took them off quicker than I put them on

When I was going down your route finding the most affordable way, I tried the Graphtech saddles on my Darth Paul S2 bridge which I think is the same make as yours. They were loose, which defeats the purpose of the contained original design. Then, I tried black non-PRS made saddles. They were loose too. So, I just had to shell out considerable money (I'm poor) on the Mann bridge. I wanted black, but they blackest they had was actually black nickel. So, I opted for a black bridge with nickel saddles. The color differences are not noticable in pictures... but, man... what an improvement in tone and sustain! Definitely worth what I spent!

I had Graphtech piezo saddles on a 1996 Custom 24 for a few years.
Can't say I noticed any difference in sound between the core ones and the Graphtechs.

Never tried them on a PRS, but they dulled up the attack and took some harmonics away from Strats and Les Pauls I tried them on. If I always played with a lot of distortion maybe it wouldn't have been noticeable.

John Mann saddles installed.
466-B22-FF-9-BE0-42-D9-9-D05-928-D3879-CC5-B.jpg

Last edited:
Back