Graph tech string saver saddles anyone?

Welp....the GraphTech saddles on. MOST definitely more sustain...and the sound seems "thicker" and not as "pingy" sounding. I'm thinking a very good decision (at least for what I like) so far at this point. Next live gig will tell me if I really made a good choice. But now have both the saddles and nut by Graphtech.
Oh...did I say my cheapier SE whammy takes the bar to the guitar top, almost slack strings and comes back in tune. Floats up a 1/2 step for now. I mean... I have a couple Super Vees on Strats with double lockers on them...that I like better than Floyds... this is right up there. I can shimmer all night...if that doesn't sound too illegal.
The SE coil tap makes it a tiny less "Strat-y) with both pickups...but shoot, I have a couple Strats anywayz and I'm not chasing a Fender sound...looking for MY sound!

Yeah..glad I don't bend under opinions when my gut feels it's right.

Welp....the GraphTech saddles on. MOST definitely more sustain...and the sound seems "thicker" and not as "pingy" sounding. I'm thinking a very good decision (at least for what I like) so far at this point. Next live gig will tell me if I really made a good choice. But now have both the saddles and nut by Graphtech.
Oh...did I say my cheapier SE whammy takes the bar to the guitar top, almost slack strings and comes back in tune. Floats up a 1/2 step for now. I mean... I have a couple Super Vees on Strats with double lockers on them...that I like better than Floyds... this is right up there. I can shimmer all night...if that doesn't sound too illegal.
The SE coil tap makes it a tiny less "Strat-y) with both pickups...but shoot, I have a couple Strats anywayz and I'm not chasing a Fender sound...looking for MY sound!

Yeah..glad I don't bend under opinions when my gut feels it's right.

Congratulations, this stuff is all subjective and dependent upon each instrument. Glad it's working out so far. It might be everything you need. Good luck on the next gig and please keep us posted on how it works in a band/live situation. Rock on! \m/

Welp....the GraphTech saddles on. MOST definitely more sustain...and the sound seems "thicker" and not as "pingy" sounding.
I honestly think the se trem is a factor with the metal bridge and block. The core is brass and doesn't have that pingy sound. Good to hear feedback!

I honestly think the se trem is a factor with the metal bridge and block. The core is brass and doesn't have that pingy sound. Good to hear feedback!
Yeah...I looked at Mann's offerings and I would have spent more than I did on the entire guitar! Up around 120dB....the ping goes away and you don't hear it anymore! lol! But the sustain has got to be another 20-30% over the old metal looking saddles. These new saddles don't weigh a thing either.... good or bad.... I'll let others decide.

But seriously... drastic difference. The nut also was a huge improvement over the white plastic piece of trash. Not sure why they cut corners with that, years back...especially with a vibrola. Without the saddles...which basically move with the vibrola anyway, just the new nut made using the whammy totally agreeable.

Yeah...I looked at Mann's offerings and I would have spent more than I did on the entire guitar! Up around 120dB....the ping goes away and you don't hear it anymore! lol! But the sustain has got to be another 20-30% over the old metal looking saddles. These new saddles don't weigh a thing either.... good or bad.... I'll let others decide.

But seriously... drastic difference. The nut also was a huge improvement over the white plastic piece of trash. Not sure why they cut corners with that, years back...especially with a vibrola. Without the saddles...which basically move with the vibrola anyway, just the new nut made using the whammy totally agreeable.
People complain about electronics on se but for me the trem is the bigger weak link. The basic design is obviously solid. It's the saddles that gotta go for looks and tone. Well worth a brass block swap to me too. No more pingy zingy pot metal stuff lol

The nut used be the #1 issue with se but they've recently gone to a much better nut. Very similar to the brass infused core composite material.

Good to hear a solution that helps that tone chase without breaking the bank.

Last edited:
Yeah...anymore money towards a PRS at this point is another guitar. Issue is I don't really care for any of the other models except the DGT as a distant 2nd. This lowly std24 has everything I like from front binding to a simple tone/volume without those silly little toggles. 24 frets and whammy and love the wide/thin.

I guess a core model would be my next choice...but I already have a couple dozen guitars....and a slightly better duplicate or finish isn't enough to go get one. I'm all about variety in guitars with no dogs. This SE is probably my least expensive guitar except for a Classic Vibe Tele and some old Valco lap steels.

Line6 is blowing out Helix prices now....making me feel Helix2 is right around the corner...so I wanna keep $2k handy at all times!!
;-)

Yeah...anymore money towards a PRS at this point is another guitar. Issue is I don't really care for any of the other models except the DGT as a distant 2nd. This lowly std24 has everything I like
I'm a fan of the standard from se to core. Solid choice. DGT is great too. I've really been impressed with a couple of the seDGT, but really want a core. A core standard DGT would be killer.

I guess a core model would be my next choice...but I already have a couple dozen guitars....and a slightly better duplicate or finish isn't enough to go get one. I'm all about variety in guitars with no dogs.

I'm about variety too. Not just a finish or pickup swap. Sure I want them, but need, not so much. It has to have something I don't have and no dogs for sure. That's what won me over on core. More winners than loses. With patience I've snagged some killer deals.

a Classic Vibe Tele.
It took my brother in law to want to learn the guitar before I would part with my CV strat..loved that damn thing! Still have dibbs.

I'm about variety too. Not just a finish or pickup swap. Sure I want them, but need, not so much. It has to have something I don't have and no dogs for sure. That's what won me over on core. More winners than loses. With patience I've snagged some killer deals.
Patience, eyes open, and doing it for 5 decades too!
Most of the food groups are covered with decent....but for instance, I've got a $1000 Guild 12 string electric instead of a Ric (have the 4001 though). But I flipped the string pairs on the Guild to simulate Ric string order.
I have two Squier Teles....but I put a bender on one...don't need a $3k Tele for that. A couple of Byrd songs and bends.....I pick up something else.

I'm more into recording and feel a "holy grail" guitar isn't what I need...as long as it plays in tune. But I've been going back to the SE. It's got me looking at rabbit holes. lol!

I like the PRS...cause I take that and my SG to church...sometimes a Gretsch....but the PRS is a perfect church guitar in so many ways.

Back