Gosh...I want a SE CE24 satin...but

Just keep watching. Dave's has 2 right now, used the grey one might meet your criteria.

Some SE's can have amazing quality. One of mine, the SE245 Soapbar has a one piece neck and the body mahogany looks like it's all from the same piece of wood; 2 of those pieces are book-matched. I'm like you in that if the aesthetics aren't right, and bug you enough, then there's no reason to get a specific guitar.

Just keep watching.

If you buy it from the DGS site you may save on the shipping. He always has shipping on the Reverb site.
Good point. I forgot about that. And hadn't noticed that the color is 'charcoal' instead of grey.

I was lazy (it was 3:30 a.m. here) when I searched for CE24's on Google and the reverb listing came up but not any from the DGS website.

Last edited:
IKR? I’ve spent more on groceries than what that guitar is listed for.
Right?

And within a few days, all that food is just...poop.

Unless you're a very strange person, which - OK, I'm not sayin' there's anything wrong with being into food's main byproduct, and I'm sure the Cologuard people are having a field day, every day - you really get more pleasure out of $500 for a guitar in the long run than $500 worth of food.

"A good poop does have its attractions."

"A good guitar has more attractions, and you don't have to spray the room with Febreze after you play it."

"This is what you tell your wife when you spend the egg money on a guitar, right?"

"There is no egg money. I have to watch my cholesterol."

Right?

And within a few days, all that food is just...poop.

Unless you're a very strange person, which - OK, I'm not sayin' there's anything wrong with being into food's main byproduct - you really get more pleasure out of $500 for a guitar in the long run than $500 worth of food.

"A good poop does have its attractions."

"A good guitar has more attractions, and you don't have to spray the room with Febreze after you play it."

"This is what you tell your wife when you spend the egg money on a guitar, right?"

"There is no egg money. I have to watch my cholesterol."

The top on this one isn't bad looking.

temp-Image-MEDVN5.avif

It's funny...
I only have 4 PRSs; all SEs.
I too obsess over the look of the wood.
My latest, the SE CE 24 Standard Satin, is the only one I bought without an actual inventory pic.
I couldn't be happier with the matching.

But I hear you...
Some of th ones I've seen online are just...😵‍💫

20240314_180636.jpg

20240314_180735.jpg

Back