Gold hardware for SE 24 Standard

mixmkr

Gold tremolo bridge for SE24 Standard available anywhere? Grover gold mini rotomatics look to be a drop in replacement too (406G).
Seems the gold would look good with the trans blue color.

I saw that and with the silver one only costing about $120 and this saying USA in the description, that it wouldn't fit on the import guitars.
However, I wonder if you can just get gold saddles for a hybrid look, and save some $$.

MannMade USA is the product manufacturer's name, not necessarily a description of fitment.

Screenshot-20240103-122931-Chrome.jpg

Find a used core with gold or hybrid hardware is how I'd do it.

Find a used core with gold or hybrid hardware is how I'd do it.
where can I find hybrid hardware (I guess we're talking just the saddles?... which is probably ok). Lots of Chinese stuff on Ebay, but I don't want to downgrade the guitar.

Not sure I understand "find a used core..." are you talking the entire guitar or finding the rare instance a core owner is parting out some of the hardware?

Lastly..has anyone use the Grover rotomatics on their SE? I've used them on other guitars and like them a lot. I suppose I could yank one off another guitar and see if it fits....or actually the tuner that was replaced by the Grover...should be the same size as I did it to an import Gretsch and it was drop in replacement.
The Grovers are about 1/2 price of the PRS locking tuners and I'm not liking the black plastic tips that you have the screw on the PRS either. The Grovers you just thread and start tuning...about 1/2 turn and you're done.

where can I find hybrid hardware (I guess we're talking just the saddles?... which is probably ok). Lots of Chinese stuff on Ebay, but I don't want to downgrade the guitar.

Not sure I understand "find a used core..." are you talking the entire guitar or finding the rare instance a core owner is parting out some of the hardware?

Lastly..has anyone use the Grover rotomatics on their SE? I've used them on other guitars and like them a lot. I suppose I could yank one off another guitar and see if it fits....or actually the tuner that was replaced by the Grover...should be the same size as I did it to an import Gretsch and it was drop in replacement.
The Grovers are about 1/2 price of the PRS locking tuners and I'm not liking the black plastic tips that you have the screw on the PRS either. The Grovers you just thread and start tuning...about 1/2 turn and you're done.
If I was going to swap over all hardware to gold on a se, I'd personally probably just find a used core to buy.

If we're talking saddles and tuners that's different. I would contact John Mann for the swap. I'd rather go quality and right.

SinSir...thanks for the reply again. Yeah...I'm looking at the wrong places I guess...but a used core starts at $2k on the low end? The MannMade bridge looks nice but is what I paid for the guitar....which is about $1700 shy of the price of a core? I looked at the PRS locking tuners, and there are two things I don't like...the black plastic tips and the fact that is what tightens to lock the string. Those two items are more than enough to look for alternatives....but the Grover Rotomatics should be just fine. I have them on 4 or 5 other guitars without complaints.
All in all...I will probably just stick with what I have....the molded trem works surpisingly well and a set of chrome Grovers is under $50. I'll spend the saved money on a good hard case instead of a gig bag (I havent found an actual PRS case for sale for the Standard series...just a generic dbl cutaway, offset that would fit).
It's odd, but the SE Standard is what checked off all my wishes... I don't want the mini toggles..and the single master and tone controls work perfect. The excessive flame I dont care for as well...my wife thinks it looks like a wrinkled shirt. So another model PRS isn't in the plans. The Santana would be the closest...but the looks are so so to me as well. Oh... I gotta have the whammy... so I don't want a cheap, gold Chinese junk and I've heard the MannMade Tremolos are not really any better than what I've got. $300+ plus to change color on the trem only...on a $350 guitar...and possibly get a worse trem, isn't worth the risk.
Thanks again....new to this forum..but I'll be reading more.

I've heard the MannMade Tremolos are not really any better than what I've got. $300+ plus to change color on the trem only...on a $350 guitar...and possibly get a worse trem, isn't worth the risk.
Thanks again....new to this forum..but I'll be reading more.
The MannMade is superior in every way to the se trem, but that doesn't make the se trem bad. I personally don't care for them. I like the way brass warms things up. The mannmade kit is a worthy upgrade. Gets you the brass saddles and block, two weak points of the se trem. John is the PRS OG trem man.

I totally get not wanting to sink too much cash in a se. I've been down that road a fee times. Good guitars made great, but still I'd go used core or s2 if I did it over. You can find good deals on core standards, which I love. Also smokin deals pop up with patience on s2. Every so often I see one for se money. Heck I've picked up cores for not much more than new se or used s2.

Congrats on the NGD and helluva deal for a solid guitar. Play it like you stole it, cause you did! I'm with you, se standard over custom all day. But we don't say anything bad about Santanas around here! :D

SinSir...you are truly a gem with sticking with this thread...and keeping my perspectives in check.
BTW...Dave's in Wisconsin still is offering killer tax free deals on all lines, with free shipping.
My 2020 SE at 7.1 lbs still had the plastic on the back plates and I found zero pick or buffing scratches. I call it "as new" and I have yet to adjust anything, set up wise. Action, floating trem, intonation, had this 6 decade player, totally shocked for an internet purchase. I'd buy another (or two) but I have other guitars that are acceptable backups, but I don't tour; etc. This little SE beast has totally caught my attention and I'm going to proudly play it this Sunday. It's already seen a lot of recording work in its' first couple days.
Oh...the Santanas are kinda cute, but my L6S gives the nod to Carlos!

SinSir...you are truly a gem with sticking with this thread...and keeping my perspectives in check.
BTW...Dave's in Wisconsin still is offering killer tax free deals on all lines, with free shipping.
My 2020 SE at 7.1 lbs still had the plastic on the back plates and I found zero pick or buffing scratches. I call it "as new" and I have yet to adjust anything, set up wise. Action, floating trem, intonation, had this 6 decade player, totally shocked for an internet purchase. I'd buy another (or two) but I have other guitars that are acceptable backups, but I don't tour; etc. This little SE beast has totally caught my attention and I'm going to proudly play it this Sunday. It's already seen a lot of recording work in its' first couple days.
Oh...the Santanas are kinda cute, but my L6S gives the nod to Carlos!
Welcome and Thank you! Daves rocks! You picked a good shop, not just for the pricing. They're top notch all around. I used tontakenroad trips up to there shops. Always a good day!

Post some recordings and pics when you get a chance.

Back