Gig bag?

G2*

A gig bag came with my S2 single-cut Semi-Hollow PRS.

My question, does anyone use the backpack straps?

They just get in my way so I cut them off.

I do have one small complaint, the right zipper is short and does not allow the bag to be fully opened.
I have to be very careful when removing my guitar so as not to scratch the finish.
Otherwise it is a good bag.

Depends upon the user. I LOVE the straps, as it is easier to carry in a guitar, amp in one hand, bag with other stuff in the other (or over my shoulder).

I actually got a high end bag dirt cheap as it had had the straps slashed off. I (personally) find the straps so useful that I got some "strapping material" and sewed new ones on.

I only use my SE gigbag when I transport a guitar from home to work and back.
I always use the backpack straps and carry it on my back.
Much easier than carrying it by the grab handles.

I use mine all the time, but the amount of extra straps hanging from the shoulders is annoying.

I like it high&tight.

I understand how you feel about the short zipper. I`ve been caught in the rain several times, I think the short zipper helps a lot in keeping the bottom of the guitar dry.

I think the short zipper is to try to prevent a guitar from leaping (falling) out of the bag as you open it...

Yep, I'm keeping my straps. I've been backpackin' for years... oh wait. We're not talkin' about campin' out in the woods?

Back