Genuine PRS Spares?! Looking to buy Phase iii Tuner Buttons GOLD

George Mills

Does anyone out there have, or know anyone that has any genuine spare PRS Phase iii tuner buttons in GOLD available?!

I'm looking to gradually swap out some of the hardware on my 509 from nickel to gold - which just suits the Autumn Sky top/ black 509 pickups so much better (no idea why these were not installed initially!). Ideally I don't want to purchase the entire locking tuner set for the sake of aesthetics, especially as I've only owned the guitar around 6 months. I've seen a few selling the buttons on their own but unfortunately these have already sold..

Please let me know if you can help with this! Or just any other spare gold hardware and we can go from there :)

Thanks!
George

Participants:
Please enter at least one valid recipient.
Separate names with a comma. You

While not genuine PRS parts I know Schaller sells the buttons for their locking tuners seperately. I just can't tell you if P2/P3 tuners have the same shaft diameter, sorry.

The second post seems to indicate they do fit on p2 tuners:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/se-tuners-which-button-size.15248/#post-224492

If you'd like me to I can mount one off of the p2 tuners on my ce24 and compare it to a schaller one (M6 locking tuners), don't have any p3 tuners.

While not genuine PRS parts I know Schaller sells the buttons for their locking tuners seperately. I just can't tell you if P2/P3 tuners have the same shaft diameter, sorry.

The second post seems to indicate they do fit on p2 tuners:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/se-tuners-which-button-size.15248/#post-224492

If you'd like me to I can mount one off of the p2 tuners on my ce24 and compare it to a schaller one (M6 locking tuners), don't have any p3 tuners.

Thanks!

Hmm. I think if I'm going to find the genuine ones alone its going to be a lucky one-off online, if somebody was to change their mind and swap them out..

Thanks for the help, parallyze don't worry about it I have a feeling the thread may be slightly different for the phase 2 and 3 buttons, and so, on the machine heads also!

George

I have a feeling the thread may be slightly different for the phase 2 and 3 buttons, and so, on the machine heads also!

Just kept looking around a bit and you're probably more than right on this one. The phase 2 tuners alone exist in multiple versions... (post #10):

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/multiple-sized-phase-ii-tuners.15196/

There's a picture comparing the ones manufactured by Schaller vs. Gotoh. Had a look at the phase 2 tuners on my
ce24 from 2017 - the logo looks more like the schaller one and they don't have the mounting hole on the back. So they
probably just have a pin on the back and get tightened by the top nut only.

Good luck in finding ones that fit! :D

Edit:
That's what the phase II on my ce24 look like:

IMG_2593.jpg

Last edited:
Just kept looking around a bit and you're probably more than right on this one. The phase 2 tuners alone exist in multiple versions... (post #10):

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/multiple-sized-phase-ii-tuners.15196/

There's a picture comparing the ones manufactured by Schaller vs. Gotoh. Had a look at the phase 2 tuners on my
ce24 from 2017 - the logo looks more like the schaller one and they don't have the mounting hole on the back. So they
probably just have a pin on the back and get tightened by the top nut only.

Good luck in finding ones that fit! :D

Edit:
That's what the phase II on my ce24 look like:

IMG_2593.jpg
Ahh I see! This doesn't surprise me that you have to use the matching machine heads etc.

Thanks a lot! Will have to keep on checking :)

George

Thanks!

Hmm. I think if I'm going to find the genuine ones alone its going to be a lucky one-off online, if somebody was to change their mind and swap them out..

Thanks for the help, parallyze don't worry about it I have a feeling the thread may be slightly different for the phase 2 and 3 buttons, and so, on the machine heads also!

George

Send me a PM. I'm on the road on vacation for the next couple of days. I may have a spare set of gold PIII buttons in my parts drawer. I'll check when I get home. The PM will serve as a reminder.

Phase II And Phase III Tuner Parts Are Not Compatible Other Than The Thumb Screws..

Does anyone know if phase iii tuners can be installed on SE custom 24/22
It can be added. You will need to drill. Just get the hipshot tuner with the open back, or get a John Mann upgrade. No drilling and both stays in tune for about $60.

Back