...Gently Weeps

Not a huge Clapton fan, but listening to his guitar part in isolation is pretty impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the Healey...

I'm very partial to the Michael Hedges version....

Not a huge Clapton fan, but listening to his guitar part in isolation is pretty impressive.

I've always loved Clapton's playing, probably as I'm of that "certain age" when coming up it was all about the guy. And you're right, this is pretty impressive, with the part solo'd on the board.

I've always loved Clapton's playing, probably as I'm of that "certain age" when coming up it was all about the guy. And you're right, this is pretty impressive, with the part solo'd on the board.

Don't get me wrong.... I know he's great.... Just that for whatever reason, post Cream (post Bluesbreakers for me actually) there just isn't much that I'd listen to just for the joy of listenting to it. Listent to it for the artistry, sure..... In any case, I probably missed out on the real Clapton by a decade or two, but listening to this track in isolation just reinforces how good the guy is.

Both cool songs but I do prefer Healey's studio version.

Speaking of George and Uke's... This version of 'Something' from Concert For George is fantastic!

Back