Gen III tremolo

Is it possible a 30th anniversary cu24 has a gen three? I can't find pics of the screws and i've had a problem with replacing the prs trem that came with it, with a Mann 2040. The bridge won't seem to float and springs pop out, so i'm trying to figure out if i have a gen 3. It seems i don't but i'm new to PRS tech and any help of knowledge would be appreciated. The pics of the two different types of screws are the same on the prs accessories website so just curious as to whether i could potentially have the wrong bridge

Hi, thanks, i did follow the instructions though and watched your video, and it works when i put the other prs trem back in. I have my guitar with a luthier at the moment to see if i have a nut issue which is affecting the tuning, but the new bridge doesn't seem to fit right while the gen II prs one does. Is there really that much difference between them? I sent you a video of what is happening regarding the springs falling out and it not floating. Also please don't read anything i say as rudeness, i am well aware you have a great rep for a reason and i trust your stuff, i just find it odd that the old bridge works but this one won't float. Maybe i am indeed missing something.
I'll wait til i get my guitar back and see what they say and if it's still no go then i'll give you a call. Thanks!

Matthew
From your post that you can't float the bridge and the springs pop out, that tells me you do not have it installed correctly.
Please call me nd I will walk you thru the setup.

~ John Mann
hey John, so i got it back from the luthier and he has set it up using only two springs, one each side. It stays in tune now as it is pivoting right, but im still not happy with the action and may just take it elsewhere. He said the springs were too long, it may just be an issue with my guitar. I was going to ask, do you know if what shorter springs i could use? Maybe my guitar just isn't cut right or something. It works with the original trem in it, but it's now set up with your 2040 trem and feels great, im just wondering if it would be wise to get shorter springs and where i would get those and what you'd suggest!

Back