FYI - Ridiculous Clearance Sale

JRod4928

Check out the wal mart of guitars website :)

Last edited:
Yeah, it's been running a while now. Not sure how many on the list are left in the stores. Just for fun: There are 671 guitars on the list. $2,231,061 tied up in inventory (at original asking price). $1,362,917 in sales price for a reduction of 39% (average). The prices before the sale were already at the usual 35 - 40% off MSRP (MAP) which means that most of these are below GC cost at the sale price. I estimate GC is losing about $200 a guitar. They must need cash right now.

I didn't need to be reminded about that ridiculous price on that sweet black DGT standard at the store closest to my work.

Yeah, it's been running a while now. Not sure how many on the list are left in the stores. Just for fun: There are 671 guitars on the list. $2,231,061 tied up in inventory (at original asking price). $1,362,917 in sales price for a reduction of 39% (average). The prices before the sale were already at the usual 35 - 40% off MSRP (MAP) which means that most of these are below GC cost at the sale price. I estimate GC is losing about $200 a guitar. They must need cash right now.

I believe that you are correct about GC needing money.

There was a different page which showed which guitars on the clearance had been sold and which were still available but I couldn't find it. I thought I saved that page somewhere. If someone has they would you PM me the link please?

I believe that you are correct about GC needing money.

There was a different page which showed which guitars on the clearance had been sold and which were still available but I couldn't find it. I thought I saved that page somewhere. If someone has they would you PM me the link please?
just post it here. I want to see it too

Yes please post that page. I've called quite a few stores around the country looking for a specific guitar and most don't want to deal with it :/

I picked up a Tremonti with a 10 top for a crazy price. I even got them to come down from what was listed on the website. Now I have to sell some stuff.....

Back