From the Archives Video on the Hollowbody

I really enjoyed this.

I love my HBii and GASsing for a 594 Hollowbody and this video added to my GAS. It was very interesting to see the 3 guitars and that first one was so resonant, so loud without plugging it in. I can't say the Thick body one would be something I would be looking to buy and seems as thick as my Electro-Acoustic. Maybe if I played it, I might feel different. The Maple top/back of the third though is what I love to see from a PRS Hollowbody....

The Maple ones are beautiful and sound grand, but the spruce tops ones always stand out to me sonically.

I really enjoyed this.

I love my HBii and GASsing for a 594 Hollowbody and this video added to my GAS. It was very interesting to see the 3 guitars and that first one was so resonant, so loud without plugging it in. I can't say the Thick body one would be something I would be looking to buy and seems as thick as my Electro-Acoustic. Maybe if I played it, I might feel different. The Maple top/back of the third though is what I love to see from a PRS Hollowbody....

The Maple ones are beautiful and sound grand, but the spruce tops ones always stand out to me sonically.

Completely agree. When it was (finally!) time for me to grab one, I sought out a spruce top model without the piezo.

x2ilJQ2.jpg

Love it! Waited 20yrs for this guitar, and it doesn’t disappoint. This thing’s alive!

Great playing, Bryan. You’re smooth AF.

I so want one of those fatter Hollowbodies....

You mean like this one? ;)

It's a McCarty Archtop II, which they only made from 1998-2001. So interesting to hear Paul say that he loved the design but it just didn't sell, so they had to discontinue it. It's a truly wonderful guitar, especially when I put in 53/10s.

Bryan, thanks for posting the vid. The PRS HB-II is one of the most innovative, unique, and useful designs in modern guitar making, and there's a reason it's never been out of production for the last 20+ years.

If anyone at PRS has a video that shows the HB-II being carved, tops and backs, I'd love to see it, and I think many others would, too.

=K

You mean like this one? ;)

It's a McCarty Archtop II, which they only made from 1998-2001. So interesting to hear Paul say that he loved the design but it just didn't sell, so they had to discontinue it. It's a truly wonderful guitar, especially when I put in 53/10s.

Bryan, thanks for posting the vid. The PRS HB-II is one of the most innovative, unique, and useful designs in modern guitar making, and there's a reason it's never been out of production for the last 20+ years.

If anyone at PRS has a video that shows the HB-II being carved, tops and backs, I'd love to see it, and I think many others would, too.

=K

Gorgeous fiddle

Completely agree. When it was (finally!) time for me to grab one, I sought out a spruce top model without the piezo.

x2ilJQ2.jpg

Love it! Waited 20yrs for this guitar, and it doesn’t disappoint. This thing’s alive!

Great playing, Bryan. You’re smooth AF.

No sense in posting a photo of my Hollowbody Spruce - as you can see in my avatar, it is the twin of this one, except for an adjustable bridge and black ebony tuners. This is a great photo, Sergio!

I enjoyed that video immensely - thanks for posting!

One of the downsides of this forum is that you can think you've decided which guitar to play in the moment, and wind up with a completely different guitar in your hands when you become aware of what you're doing.

(If anyone's following closely, I set out to play my Paul's Guitar, and actually had it in my hands for about 10 seconds. Now I find myself actually playing my SCHB. This is not a complaint! Merely an observation...)

Back