Frets on S2 Singlecut McCarty 594?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Frank Luke, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Frank Luke

Frank Luke Pathfinder69

So, I did search, I did check specs on PRS site? Nothing? What am I missing.
    Really would like to know.
    Getting another Am Strat soon and the ones I have had in the past have had medium jumbos. The frets on my PRS are definitely taller. I like them.
    What are they? Narrow tall?
    Thanks folks

2. Frank Luke

Frank Luke Pathfinder69

Well I guess I found it. The article I found says medium jumbos on all American electrics except the Santana models. They sure seem taller than the medium jumbos on my USA DLX Strat and of course I cannot find my calipers.

3. swstandring

swstandring New Member

I own one....not sure of the specs but they are bigger and taller than anything I've played before... I like 'em!

4. Frank Luke

Frank Luke Pathfinder69

I did find that PRS , supposedly uses the "same" frets (MEDIUM JUMBO) on all it's American Electrics except for the Santana model. I have always played American Fender Strats for decades(still do) and they have medium jumbo frets.
    The frets on my S2 McCarty 594 seem wider and taller. I also like them, just don't seem like medium jumbo's to me.

5. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

The DGT has jumbo frets, and the 594 actually has the dressed so the feel “broken in.”

6. Frank Luke

Frank Luke Pathfinder69

OK but I keep coming up with this in an exhaustive search:

medium jumbo

PRS uses a medium jumbo size exclusively (except for the US made Santana models, which use a slightly bigger size). Jumbo fretwire is the really big stuff like Dunlop 6100 and equivalent sizes at ~. 110-. 055” or Dunlop 6000 (Ibanez JEM series).