Forbidden!

'cause they bully you for liking Dream Theater?.

Hijack alert..... :cool: what's wrong with Dream Theater? They're my #2 right behind Rush! I've even got an extra 5th row ticket for their show at the Chicago Theater in April. Wanna be my date?:rolleyes:

Why ya gotta' troll so much, man? No one here thinks it's impossible to play anything on a 25 watt amp, they just prefer the sound of higher wattage amps, and some would rather not see PRS focus too much attention on the small and cheap amp market. PRS is gonna' do what PRS is gonna' do though.

Maybe they'll keep putting out the nice 30-100 watt hand wired and American made tube amps and still put out something lower cost and make everyone happy. My guess is that's where we're headed, but I agree with everyone else that I don't want to see small amps displace the high end stuff they're making now.

I think everyone would agree though, there's room for both in the market, and each of us should use whatever fits our needs and desires best. :)

Last night I had the TV on a sports channel while I paid attention to other things. When I focused my attention to what was on the tube it was a "cross fit" competition. A bunch of guys were running a mile, doing 100 pull ups, 200 sit ups, 300 squats, and at the last running another mile - all with a 20 lb. vest strapped to their chest.

At my age and in my condition, they would need to change the rules to - run 20 yards, do 10 pull ups, 20 sit ups, and 30 squats - all with the 20 lb. weight used as a counter balance on a rope pulling me up as I tried to do the pull ups, push ups and squats. I'm adjusting to the fact that I'm no longer bulletproof.

That's a bummer. You need an amp Sherpa. You can probably get lots of volunteers around here!

That's a bummer. You need an amp Sherpa. You can probably get lots of volunteers around here!
Last night I had the TV on a sports channel while I paid attention to other things. When I focused my attention to what was on the tube it was a "cross fit" competition. A bunch of guys were running a mile, doing 100 pull ups, 200 sit ups, 300 squats, and at the last running another mile - all with a 20 lb. vest strapped to their chest.

At my age and in my condition, they would need to change the rules to - run 20 yards, do 10 pull ups, 20 sit ups, and 30 squats - all with the 20 lb. weight used as a counter balance on a rope pulling me up as I tried to do the pull ups, push ups and squats. I'm adjusting to the fact that I'm no longer bulletproof.

Haha! I need an amp sherpa and probably a bulletproof vest as well! ;)

Relax les, go and read dave stewart's autobiography, "sweet dreams are made of this", its right up your producer, keyboard, guitar alley

I still expect to see you, Les, at Exp2016. You need something to look forward to and hopefully Aristotle is in town this year. ;)

I still expect to see you, Les, at Exp2016. You need something to look forward to and hopefully Aristotle is in town this year. ;)

Thanks, Boogie, for the kind thoughts!

It'd be great to go, but it looks like I'll be travel-restricted for at least 8 weeks following my surgery. And then I'm hosting a wedding! So I can't take chances with the health and push things too far.

You could always put off the surgery until after the wedding... :eek:

Les, I was going to make a joke about if you'd use 25 watt amps, they'd be light enough for you to move them, but I've missed something here. I haven't see you say you are having another surgery, but it looks like others are saying you are. Did I miss a post somewhere? If you are, I'm sorry to hear that and wish you the best. I won't make any jokes about little amps until I know you're ok.

This is my town, so I'll definitely be in it! I'm expecting Les too!!!! Restrictive travel blah blah blah... I'm betting it'll work out...

You could always put off the surgery until after the wedding... :eek:

The nerve disease is progressive, in other words, the longer I wait, the worse the potential outcome because the muscles have even more wasting.

Today I saw my physical medicine doc, who looked at it and said the wasting is worse than it was only two weeks ago.

So I won't be there, but I will miss you guys!

Les, I was going to make a joke about if you'd use 25 watt amps, they'd be light enough for you to move them, but I've missed something here. I haven't see you say you are having another surgery, but it looks like others are saying you are. Did I miss a post somewhere? If you are, I'm sorry to hear that and wish you the best. I won't make any jokes about little amps until I know you're ok.

Thanks, yes, I'm having something done (pending outcome of one last test) to release the ulnar nerve entrapment that is evidently causing loss of function in my fretting hand. It's gonna be a pain in the...uh arm...but it should stop further deterioration and it's possible that I'll see some return of function as well.

I am in the same boat! Recovering from a mild heart attack and spinal fusion surgery and my wife and daughters won't let me lift anything! Beautiful space BTW.

Daaaannnng............................... Nice
Where do I apply for the "moving Les's stuff around for him" job?

Thanks! It's funny, some guys like my little room, but one guy here said it was unprofessional looking. Which of course, it is! I just wanted a comfortable room to work in.

I am in the same boat! Recovering from a mild heart attack and spinal fusion surgery and my wife and daughters won't let me lift anything! Beautiful space BTW.

Holy moly, you've been through the wringer! My best wishes for you and your wife and daughters are right!

Back