Flat cables for pedal board?

+1 on the Evidence Audio which I used for a very large new board. Solderless connectors with reduced capacitance to prevent loss of your highs. Easy to make and cut to length, but time consuming and very expensive. I have 2 smaller boards with Mogami gold connectors which are very high quality, but they have high capacitance which suppresses highs. The sound improvement with the Evidence Audio is clearly noticeable. I’m still using the Mogami on the other 2 boards because I have them and the money was already spent. On the other hand the Earnie Ball with optional lengths is an easy plug and play.

+1 on the Evidence Audio which I used for a very large new board. Solderless connectors with reduced capacitance to prevent loss of your highs. Easy to make and cut to length, but time consuming and very expensive. I have 2 smaller boards with Mogami gold connectors which are very high quality, but they have high capacitance which suppresses highs. The sound improvement with the Evidence Audio is clearly noticeable. I’m still using the Mogami on the other 2 boards because I have them and the money was already spent. On the other hand the Earnie Ball with optional lengths is an easy plug and play.

I hear they make great power cables. :p

I can't trust solderless connections. I have had too many friends that have had issues with those at gigs. I solder all of my own and have never had a cable fail on me.
I use soldered cables, too. I can't have a cable fail during a session where I'm under a 'we need it yesterday' deadline. It's happened with the non-soldered connectors. Tracking down which cable failed, and replacing it under the gun is stressful.

Because I'm (a) lazy, and (b) all thumbs, I have a vendor make soldered pedalboard cables to custom length once I get everything measured. I don't change the board layout very often, so it works out fine.

I use soldered cables, too. I can't have a cable fail during a session where I'm under a 'we need it yesterday' deadline. It's happened with the non-soldered connectors. Tracking down which cable failed, and replacing it under the gun is stressful.

Because I'm (a) lazy, and (b) all thumbs, I have a vendor make soldered pedalboard cables to custom length once I get everything measured. I don't change the board layout very often, so it works out fine.
If I thought there was a market for custom cables like you buy, I would consider stocking up on some parts to make them and offer it as a side job. I have done enough of them that I can make them fairly quick.

If I thought there was a market for custom cables like you buy, I would consider stocking up on some parts to make them and offer it as a side job. I have done enough of them that I can make them fairly quick.
I have no idea if there's a market for it, honestly. For all I know it could be a side gig for the person I've been working with. You just never know.

The problem is that the kinds of cables that would make the gig worthwhile are the costly ones, so having inventory could get expensive!

Back