First PRS

Mikegw

I've just bought a Brent Mason signature model. Totally blown away! No maple neck models in store so went for rosewood which I thought I hated. Omg .... Feel of quality beyond anything I've ever played , been on custom strats & Gibson 335 fior several years, playing in a London covers band- preferring not to change guitars on stage. Finally solved that in this guitar. It was in tune out of the box, my Gibsons & strats been needing plenty of tuning. Such a wonderful neck! I am playing way better, have all sounds from funk/ old clean rock n roll/ to better Slash type overdriven tone even compared with an actual traditional Les Paul. Very happy! PRS don't need a marketing department. Just ask your customers.

One does not just announce new PRS without pictures.

Congrats, got my first PRS SE a little over a week ago my self.

Congratulations Mike and welcome! The Brent Mason is one model that I am surprised I don't have yet...I have two NF3s (same korina body and maple neck but different pickups) and I have a bunch of PRSes with 408s. With the 5-way and the mini-toggles I doubt there are any sounds you CAN'T get with that axe. And although I love maple boards, for the long haul, rosewood just looks better.

btw pics or its a Teisco ;)

I've just bought a Brent Mason signature model. Totally blown away! No maple neck models in store so went for rosewood which I thought I hated. Omg .... Feel of quality beyond anything I've ever played , been on custom strats & Gibson 335 fior several years, playing in a London covers band- preferring not to change guitars on stage. Finally solved that in this guitar. It was in tune out of the box, my Gibsons & strats been needing plenty of tuning. Such a wonderful neck! I am playing way better, have all sounds from funk/ old clean rock n roll/ to better Slash type overdriven tone even compared with an actual traditional Les Paul. Very happy! PRS don't need a marketing department. Just ask your customers.

Welcome and congrats. Im also in the UK. Ive been after one myself as it think it would cover the bases my DGT doesn't. Im guessing its not a popular model and was hoping to see some appear on the secondhand market by now.

Great new PRS report.
Yes they play great.
Well, I am celebrating my one year, today, anniversary.

Welcome to the PRS club. You are preaching to the choir, but we like it.

Back