First New Song Composed On My First PRS

Black-Viper75

Just Passing Through
I’d like to share the first new instrumental I composed on my first PRS. I’m no pro, I’m self taught to be honest, but I love my hobby. I’m trying to get more comfortable and knowledgeable with recording and mixing at home using Reaper with amp and drum sims. I’ve been using Amplitube 4 for about a year now and this past week started trying out STL Tones plugins for home recording. If anyone can offer any tips or thoughts for improvement, please post below.
https://soundcloud.com/black-viper/the-viper-and-the-queen-pt-2-as-the-world-burns-around-us

I like your mix and what you did with the drums! The guitar tone and part is very nice, too.

If I could offer any constructive critique, it would be to relax on your bends and vibrato. The bends are going sharp/past the target note, and the vibrato is a nice speed but again a little aggressive in pitch fluctuation. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a plank in my eye to remove!

I like your mix and what you did with the drums! The guitar tone and part is very nice, too.

If I could offer any constructive critique, it would be to relax on your bends and vibrato. The bends are going sharp/past the target note, and the vibrato is a nice speed but again a little aggressive in pitch fluctuation. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a plank in my eye to remove!
Thank you very much for taking the time to listen to my track and then posting here. For the mix I used IK Multimedia T-Racks 5 plugins for EQ and Compression. The drums were grooves taken from MT Power Drum Kit. I used an Ampltiube 4 acoustic sim pedal for the acoustic part and Amplitube 4's Dual Rectifier for the lead and outro riff.

I'll definitely try to be more aware of my bends when going for my target pitch and try relaxing my vibrato. Thank you for pointing this out to me. And it's all good, man. From where I'm standing there's no plank in your eye.

Last edited:
Back