First 2 gigs with Mira

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5962

I had a gig Saturday and decided to use the Mira since I hadn't taken it "out" yet. This gig is a bluegrassy thing. Yes, you read that correctly, and NO I am not a bluegrass player, but I fake it the best I can.

I played mainly with a Fender amp tone with some gain and compression for sustain. I toggled between the single coil modes, and for varying parts used neck, bridge and middle. All worked even better than I expected. For the bluesy stuff I'd flip the coil tap switch to HB mode for solos and of course, that worked great as well. Overall, I was very happy with how it sounded and how well it covered the various tones I used.

Last night I played one song, special music at church and again took the Mira. This was a totally clean tone (modified Clean Mod Deluxe in the AA3) which has some delays and compression for sustain. I used the middle position tapped, volume at 7 for most of the song, and rolled to 10 for my extended solo. That tweener position sounds great with the coils tapped, and worked perfectly for the song.

Needless to say, when I got home last night, I had to get the hillbilly out of the guitar, and the mojo back. So i played some Scorpions and Van Halen through my favorite SLO, 5150 and HBE presets. You don't want to put them away after playing that other stuff or they might stick in that mode. You've got to remind them of what they are really there for, and it doesn't involve a cowboy hat or boots!

The guitar covered all that very well. Very happy with this guitar and super happy I made the trade.

LOL....you posted this 9 minutes from when I posted this.....LMAO!!

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/2007-custom-22.41948/

I was just about ready to add a Seinfeld to the end of that... "Not that there's anything wrong with that." LOL But hey, your mojo is the opposite of mine. If I played your guitar, you'd have to get my mojo out of it before you put it away so it didn't think it was now for 80s metal and spandex. :D

‘presets’!?

I've been using my AA3 and AA12 for gigs lately with my QSC CP8. Small, light, any tone I want. I don't get much stage volume so even the ATMA would usually be overkill and I'd scare them if I bought the Archon! LOL

CLASSIC album!

For real!! I worked at TG&Y (small variety store) when I was 17...I jacked this cassette from the music department, after the store manager found my weed in the bathroom and dared me to ask for it back...such a d!ck! I showed him tho, I had at least one copy of every* hair metal cassette in the joint...allegedly...o_O:D

Edit* Except Winger...:p

Last edited:
I had a gig Saturday and decided to use the Mira since I hadn't taken it "out" yet. This gig is a bluegrassy thing. Yes, you read that correctly, and NO I am not a bluegrass player, but I fake it the best I can.

I played mainly with a Fender amp tone with some gain and compression for sustain. I toggled between the single coil modes, and for varying parts used neck, bridge and middle. All worked even better than I expected. For the bluesy stuff I'd flip the coil tap switch to HB mode for solos and of course, that worked great as well. Overall, I was very happy with how it sounded and how well it covered the various tones I used.

Last night I played one song, special music at church and again took the Mira. This was a totally clean tone (modified Clean Mod Deluxe in the AA3) which has some delays and compression for sustain. I used the middle position tapped, volume at 7 for most of the song, and rolled to 10 for my extended solo. That tweener position sounds great with the coils tapped, and worked perfectly for the song.

Needless to say, when I got home last night, I had to get the hillbilly out of the guitar, and the mojo back. So i played some Scorpions and Van Halen through my favorite SLO, 5150 and HBE presets. You don't want to put them away after playing that other stuff or they might stick in that mode. You've got to remind them of what they are really there for, and it doesn't involve a cowboy hat or boots!

The guitar covered all that very well. Very happy with this guitar and super happy I made the trade.

Glad you're diggin it! But I'm pretty sure you're have to kill one with fire after playing bluegrass with it...so, just send it to me for proper disposal. :D:D

LOL....you posted this 9 minutes from when I posted this.....LMAO!!

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/2007-custom-22.41948/

I’d jam with you any time. And enjoy it. As long as you don’t mind playing with pretenders. LOL. I’m not a bluegrass player. I can’t fingerpick.

All the guys I play bluegrass with are friends of mine. That’s why I play with them. They needed a lead player. 10 years later, I’m still playing it. But we joke about it all the time. They keep saying they are going to buy me a cowboy hat.

Back