Fiore saddle troubles

Kyza

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any aftermarket saddles that fit the Fiore? I can’t find any that fit the grub screw locator channels in the bridge plate (6mm or 15/64 apart).

My Fiore saddle height screws no longer hold the saddles up high enough (factory specs). Apparently, in an effort to avoid the grub screw protruding out the top and being felt by the palm, PRS used short screws in the saddles that are held predominantly by the thread cut into the vertical walls of the bent steel. Eventually the steel bends slightly and the height screws pop out of the thread and shift sideways in the bend of the saddle.

I am the second owner so PRS just guided me to a new set of saddles which would eventually do the same thing. Alternatively, I will get some longer grub screws that will protrude past the top of the saddle and be held by the actual saddle thread. Anyone know the diameter and thread type of the screws?

I am in Australia so any info would be appreciated.

I would reach out to John Mann, johnmannsguitarvault.com He’s also on this forum and may read and respond to your inquiry. You’ll get it sorted I’m sure. Welcome to the forum btw.
Thanks so much for the reply mate, I will look into that.

Back