Favorite PRS guitar?

p1092252-jpg.936140

Ambassador of a discontinued model.
I assess the 513 as one of the models which indicates PRS as developing either innovative and versatile guitars. And I admire the unique look.

I am not bling inclined. This is the most comfortable, P90s are killer and have a huge range of rich tones. I like the moon fretboard dots.

h6C0Z6s.jpg

But I do pretty like this new to me ZM. I put Tyson Tone Precious and Grace PAFs in it. It could well replace my whole arsenal.

l0Wq7Hb.jpeg

I've had this 1997 McCarty since 2005 and owned it longer than any other guitar. I struggled with the sound for a long time, but it has Wolfetone Marshallheads with alnico 4 magnets in it now and sounds grrrreeeaaat. This guitar has gigged all over the upper midwest with me.
IMG-1191.jpg

A P'sG PS? The Brushstroke Birds lead me to that suggestion.
Yes, Paul’s Guitar PS. I was fortunate enough to find it at a great price, used but unplayed.

2016 was the 20th anniversary of Private Stock. To commemorate the event, the PS team created a new guitar design for each month in the year with production of very limited quantities of each model. This guitar is June and only 10 were made, 5 stayed in the US.

The inlay work is very detailed, some pieces are smaller than a grain of rice. Specs are:
  • Curly Maple Top
  • African Ribbon Mahogany Back and Backplates
  • Curly Peruvian Mahogany Neck
  • African Blackwood Headstock Veneer with Gold Mother of Pearl “Modified” Brushstroke Eagle, Mother of Pearl “June” Engraved “New” Banner and Mother of Pearl, Maple, and Gold Mother of Pearl “Strad” Style Purfling
  • Gold Mother of Pearl “Modified” Brushstroke Bird Inlays and Mother of Pearl, Maple, and Gold Mother of Pearl “Strad” Purfling
  • Mother of Pearl Side Dots
  • African Blackwood Truss Rod Cover with Mother of Pearl, Maple, and Gold Mother of Pearl “Strad” Purfling
  • 408N Treble and Bass Pickups with Volume and Tone Controls, 3-Way Toggle Switch, and Two Mini Coil-Tap Switches
  • Gen III Tremolo with Locking Saddles
  • Phase III Locking Tuners with African Blackwood Buttons
  • Hybrid Hardware
  • High Gloss Nitro
  • Persimmon with Cherry Smoked Burst
  • Private Stock 20th Anniversary Black Comet Tolex Case
zr9sPZp.jpeg

Last edited:
Back