Fake or Real:PRS Singlecut McCarty Tobacco Sunburst 10 TOP

Well based on the Model History page I stand corrected on the pickups, assuming it's the Singlecut model. A little tough to tell from the pics if it's a 25" or 24.5".

I was able to find a couple examples of Singlecut 25" models on the interwebz with the vintage style tuners, so you will want to confirm the scale length, it may indeed be 25".

If you want to tune to D standard, you'll want 25" or more. You might look at the Tremonti baritone or a Tremonti Sig. Those tune down nicely and have the thinner neck profile and heavy pickups.

You definitely want to make sure that this guitar is not a 245, but I suspect it is.

Hm..:confused: That´s not such a good Information..Playing only in E-Standard(which I also enjoy) is not so cool.
I thought that 24´or 24´5 Scale would be still okay to downtune to at least D-Standard..I mean it´s not C-Standard.

Last edited:
Hm..:confused: That´s not such a good Information..Playing only in E-Standard(which I also enjoy) is not so cool.
I thought that 24´or 24´5 Scale would be still okay to downtune to at least D-Standard..I mean it´s not C-Standard.

Opinions vary. I have tuned to Eb standard/Drop Db with 0.011 to 0.049 on 25". Probably D standard would be fine as well with the same strings and scale. But I have found the strings to be more slack than I like on 24.5" scale guitars.

May be OK for you, or you may use a 0.012 gauge set.

Note, I normally play 0.010 - 0.046 in E std/Drop D tuning regardless of scale length.

Firstly, @Reynewan welcome, if you hadn’t already made yourself known on the welcome thread.

That SC looks hot as.

Hope you find a PRS to quench your thirst :D

Or maybe a mandolin with a 20 inch scale! You could really rock out some, in drop D, with one of those babies;)

Firstly, @Reynewan welcome, if you hadn’t already made yourself known on the welcome thread.

That SC looks hot as.

Hope you find a PRS to quench your thirst :D

I believe I already did introduce myself just a year ago..:confused: If not I surely will. But Iam horribly busy and have injury problems with my right hand.

Back