epi classic or prs se 24 custom?

LOGAN EDWARDS

I just got a epiphone classic worn and i'am just wondering if i should return for prs instead because the LP is quite heavy plus a lot of fret buzz. I would either try to upgrade the current LP or return for a zach myers se or 24 se. just curious

I thought people bought Les Pauls because they liked heavy guitars...
i have only had it for a few days so i wanted to try it out because this is my first LP style guitar but i dislike the weight. thats why i was asking which guitar of the 3 would be nicer. i was expecting weight but not the bad fret buzz and god forbid i have to get it leveled / refretted it will cost about half of the guitar's worth.

i have only had it for a few days so i wanted to try it out because this is my first LP style guitar but i dislike the weight. thats why i was asking which guitar of the 3 would be nicer. i was expecting weight but not the bad fret buzz and god forbid i have to get it leveled / refretted it will cost about half of the guitar's worth.
That’s too bad. I keep hearing Epi quality is better than G USA.

The ZM is pretty cool send can rock out on it, the Custom 24 is the prototypical PRS. Lots of diffs between them (vibrato bridge, pickup placement, semi hollow, etc)

The ZM is maybe closer to the LP in a way; the Custom 24 is the best parts of a Strat and an LP mixed together.

PRS by a mile, and I'm not saying that just because I'm on a PRS forum. I've owned and worked on many Epi LP's. Epi LP's (and some of this I direct at the LP design in general) are bloody heavy, clunky, factory soldering can be a turd festival, though on a positive note they do play well enough and neck stability is passable. That said, I sold or donated the ones I owned and will never buy one again.

By comparison any SE is superior. The 245, Tremonti, or Zach are perfect alternatives if you want a singlecut axe: Much lighter, good fretwork, an LP shape but far more comfortable to play, but most important the truss rods are just gold. They are very responsive and contribute to a very stable instrument, meaning less trips to the repair shop. It will be worth the extra dough to go for the PRS. You will not regret it. I sure as hell dont.

I was debating this same very thing, not really a Cu24 though, but PRS in general. Really ready to see what they have for 2021 in the SE line.

This is the PRS fan club right?:confused: SE245 is the way to go. :DI don't think anyone here is gonna tell you to get a EVH Wolfgang or a Epiphone LP varient.:p

IDK I was looking at a Wolfie before Eddie passed. Not so much anymore with the crazy price spike.

But I'd get the Custom 24 and not look back. Even though the zach myers is highly regarded among many, it wasn't really for me. I thought it would be too. The Custom 24 is a winner.

IDK I was looking at a Wolfie before Eddie passed. Not so much anymore with the crazy price spike.

But I'd get the Custom 24 and not look back. Even though the zach myers is highly regarded among many, it wasn't really for me. I thought it would be too. The Custom 24 is a winner.
I wish I'd never of sold the Sweetwater exclusive SE Cu24, miss that one.

Back