Ennie, meenie, miny,.. Hey Moe!

I hear putting a 500k pot will bring out some bitey high end. Also, sometimes the resistance in the stock pot drifts over a few years, so it may be even lower than the stock 250.

But there's also the assumed high-pass cap in there, so, yeah, there may be nothing to be done about it? I suppose you could always try jamming a nice Tele pickup in there, if you are going to refinish, why not swap out the pickguard for something custom?

I hear putting a 500k pot will bring out some bitey high end. Also, sometimes the resistance in the stock pot drifts over a few years, so it may be even lower than the stock 250.

But there's also the assumed high-pass cap in there, so, yeah, there may be nothing to be done about it? I suppose you could always try jamming a nice Tele pickup in there, if you are going to refinish, why not swap out the pickguard for something custom?

I actually really like the white pickguard and TRC.

I mean, I shouldn’t rush to judgment listening to this thing by itself and with my amp on 1. That’s a rookie mistake with PRS stuff, the sh!t needs to be opened up and used at high volumes and recorded to fully grasp the situation.

I actually really like the white pickguard and TRC.

I mean, I shouldn’t rush to judgment listening to this thing by itself and with my amp on 1. That’s a rookie mistake with PRS stuff, the sh!t needs to be opened up and used at high volumes and recorded to fully grasp the situation.

Yeah, it's a good aesthetic, I was more just thinking one that fits a replacement pickup/set - although the problem with that is it starts to become this sort of money sink, yeah?

Yeah, it's a good aesthetic, I was more just thinking one that fits a replacement pickup/set - although the problem with that is it starts to become this sort of money sink, yeah?

Lol! Why stop now?

I mean, I’m already looking at replacement pickups. Fortunately nowadays, you can get whatever pups you want without the triangle flange thingy from Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Kent Armstrong, Suhr, etc.

Back