Empty nesters

I've lived in both multiple times, and I couldn't agree more. Love me some Chicago, but some of it, not so much. When I lived in NYC, people from Chicgao ALWAYS asked my thoughts on how Chicago and NYC compare, and my answer was always the same.. Chicago is more of a modern day big Detroit, not NYC. They typically didn't like that much. :D

I'm the opposite of empty nester.. as we recently welcomed our son into the world in November '22. Congrats to all you parents and grandparents for a job well done!
Enjoy it while you can ... the next thing you know you'll turn around and they'll have ear buds in heading out the door to meet up with friends.

I've lived in both multiple times, and I couldn't agree more. Love me some Chicago, but some of it, not so much. When I lived in NYC, people from Chicgao ALWAYS asked my thoughts on how Chicago and NYC compare, and my answer was always the same.. Chicago is more of a modern day big Detroit, not NYC. They typically didn't like that much. :D

I'm the opposite of empty nester.. as we recently welcomed our son into the world in November '22. Congrats to all you parents and grandparents for a job well done!
I took a motorcycle trip to NYC. 20 years ago.

Expected to hate it but I actually enjoyed it at the time.

I took a motorcycle trip to NYC. 20 years ago.

Expected to hate it but I actually enjoyed it at the time.
Riding in the city can be interesting to say the least. I've thought about making a ride there myself to see riding buddies. The best trip I did in NY was a ride along the coast to Montauk on a '72 CB. It was it's first road trip after restoration.

Congrats on the new addition!

Well, I was an empty nester for many years (divorced in '91) then my son moved in with me in April of 2021. He was seperated from his wife and their divorce came about a year later.

Don't know how long he'll be with me for but it's all good. The love is and has always been there and he doesn't get in my way at all. Even though I prefer living by myself it's nice having him around.

I know I'm not the only one. One of my brothers told me of a survey of folks in their 60's and 70's (don't know how many participated) and 41% of them said they were helping their adult children in one way or another. Help meaning financially or their kids moved back in with them or both.

Yup, it's a different world for sure.

Well, I was an empty nester for many years (divorced in '91) then my son moved in with me in April of 2021. He was seperated from his wife and their divorce came about a year later.

Don't know how long he'll be with me for but it's all good. The love is and has always been there and he doesn't get in my way at all. Even though I prefer living by myself it's nice having him around.

I know I'm not the only one. One of my brothers told me of a survey of folks in their 60's and 70's (don't know how many participated) and 41% of them said they were helping their adult children in one way or another. Help meaning financially or their kids moved back in with them or both.

Yup, it's a different world for sure.
I foolishly thought that once our kids where grown and out the door we could coast a bit and really enjoy some drama free living. I did say foolishly.........

I foolishly thought that once our kids where grown and out the door we could coast a bit and really enjoy some drama free living. I did say foolishly.........
Well Intentioned Of Course... :)

Back