Early Hollowbodies

Sweet looking guitar.
How much of a different sound is the Hollowbody ll Vs a Semi Hollowbody? Any idea?
The difference is huge.

The semi hollow is closer to a CU22 than a hollowbody. Most of the top and back are still there in the semi - it’s just a chamber as opposed the the HB being hollow except for a post from top to back under the bridge. This shows in the sound.

The difference is huge.

The semi hollow is closer to a CU22 than a hollowbody. Most of the top and back are still there in the semi - it’s just a chamber as opposed the the HB being hollow except for a post from top to back under the bridge. This shows in the sound.

Thank you for the post.

The difference is huge.

Agree with this. I had a semi hollow 594 and semi hollow 594 SC and LOVED them both. Then I got the HB594 and sold the 2 semi hollows. The HB just did everything better, and the semi hollows were incredible! The HB 594 is one of the finest electric guitars I have owned.

I thought ebony tuner buttons were stock on Hollowbody Spruce models. No? I have them on mine, but I did buy it used. I swapped the TRC out for an ebony one myself to match them, although it looks just like the black plastic from a distance!
You know, you could be right. I have an extra set of ebony buttons and forget where they came from, that’d make sense.
My Spruce HB (with piezo, sorry @sergiodeblanc !) has ebony tuners which were stock, AFAIK.

That HB was my third PRS guitar, and got played a lot the first couple of years for me, but it's been backburnered for a while. I need to break it out more often...maybe tonight!

Initial impression is that this guitar is incredible. The setup is near perfect, the tone is nice and airy while still being thick. The neck is extremely comfortable and feels like I've had it for ages.

Back