*** duplicate thread ** info asked elsewhere

madeinbologna

*** Already asked as multiple questions on other threads. ***

Thanks @Greywolf ! You replied to one of my other threads. This thread was waiting for moderation and I got impatient. :)

Last edited:
my 2 cents from 40+ years of Lutherie and playing .. Take your time to go actually play as many as you can , despite the specs not all guitars are the same , even same model etc . You will find a magic one, when you do ..don't hesitate BUY IT.
NOTE: It may NOT be the model or color you think ... close your eyes and let your ears and hands guide you first

Some good advice from Greywolf. I've never been one for a "green" guitar myself, but I wanted to get a PRS Core Custom 24 and when I walked into the store, and saw the one I eventually got, I really liked the Trampas Green. Once I played it, I knew it was the one for me. I actually went to the store looking to get either the Whale Blue or Charcoal but fell in love with the Green that I never thought I'd like.

The Core Models that interest you and/or make you want to pick them up and PLAY.

What maybe right for me, could be very different from you and as its 'your' money, you that has to live with your choice and you that will be playing it, it has to work for you. It doesn't matter what anyone else 'thinks', they are NOT you, not got your hands etc to feel what you 'feel' when playing, can't hear what you hear, not going to have the same 'preferences'.

Therefore, you should get out there and try guitars. If they make you want to pick them up and try in a Shop, then its a good start. If you can't put it down, or can't stop thinking about it and trying other guitars just makes you want that one, then you KNOW that is the Guitar for you - whether it's a PRS or not, whether it's a Core, S2 or SE - it's the right guitar for you.

Only when you know what you like/prefer, how things feel/play, what features/specs you want/need etc can you really consider buying 'blind' as such (or don't mind buying to try and flipping if its not for you). Whatever 'Core' model you are considering, they are going to be a very high quality, exceptional example of that model - but whether it 'works' for you or not, only you can decide.

Really, no-one can tell you what you should/shouldn't buy with your money and what will 'work' for you because they are not you. I don't know anyone here that will tell you you have made a 'bad' choice whatever PRS you buy, as long as you are happy and it works for you, that's all that matters.

Back