Dunno if I ever mentioned it...

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
...but that Harmony Rocket guitar in my avatar is the first electric guitar I ever owned!

After that came a used Fender Jaguar that I eventually hated. Should have bought the Strat for about the same price but I didn't know what I was doing.

Then came an Epiphone Riviera.

Then I traded the Jaguar for a real, but beat up, 1956 goldtop Les Paul...that as a stupid high school kid I painted polka dot!

It was the 60's. Paisleys and polka dots and flower power.

Eventually I took a Greyhound bus up to Kalamazoo and had it refinished.

Sold it to one of the guys in Savoy Brown!

Best guitar story I have is scoring a Carlos acoustic (made in Korea) at a yard sale for $20. I already had my Martin D12-20 and a couple of electrics, but for that price, I could not pass it up! It was in a classic green Martin hard case and I asked Dude how much for the case, he said it was included in the Jackson price!! Wow!!! The great thing about it is, I have zero fear of anything happening to it, be it theft or damage, so I have something I can take anywhere and have no stress whatsoever. It also has better action than my D12-20 or J-40 and I have done nothing to it except change the strings for the 17 years I have owned it! The sound is nothing to write home about, but I have certainly played and heard a lot worse.

Back