Does anyone know what this is?

I wouldn't touch that thing, wrong signature, wrong serial numbers, wrong bridge......

I disagree. Serial number falls within a 1990 range, it does have the sweet switch in the right location. The sig is blurred but could be right. The birds look right, the winged tuners are right, including the shared screw in the top two, the small heel is right, the 3 control plate cover on the back is right, it all looks right except for 1 thing. I was not aware of a two piece bridge as an option in 1990 but it is there. If it's a fake, it's an exceptionally good one.

I am not affiliated with the seller but it looks like some kind of home made copy??

Yeah, if you mean like, Joe Knaggs or John Ingram's homemade copy. It's a CU24 with a TOM from the Annapolis era, might be an LE.

I wouldn't touch that thing, wrong signature, wrong serial numbers, wrong bridge......

It's the right signature, right serial number, right bridge for what it is.

I disagree. Serial number falls within a 1990 range, it does have the sweet switch in the right location. The sig is blurred but could be right. The birds look right, the winged tuners are right, including the shared screw in the top two, the small heel is right, the 3 control plate cover on the back is right, it all looks right except for 1 thing. I was not aware of a two piece bridge as an option in 1990 but it is there. If it's a fake, it's an exceptionally good one.

Jinx.

It's real... Beat to crap, but real. Definitely a 90, w/the old, smaller signature. It has a Tune-o-matic bridge that was seen on he Limited Editions and some regular production guitars...

Yeah, if you mean like, Joe Knaggs or John Ingram's homemade copy. It's a CU24 with a TOM from the Annapolis era, might be an LE.

It's the right signature, right serial number, right bridge for what it is.

This is way beyond my PRS knowledge. What's a good bid? $480 seems low, for what it is, or might be.

Looks legit to me. Judging by the pics, the headstock shape could look a little bit off, but I'd say it's the angle of the pic. A cool guitar.

The back of the headstock tells me it's the real thing, and as unique as it is, I wouldn't pursue that instrument as it looks like it's been through a few miles of bad road.
I would search for better options and something that looks a little less road weary, that is unless you are an accomplished luthier.

The back of the headstock tells me it's the real thing, and as unique as it is, I wouldn't pursue that instrument as it looks like it's been through a few miles of bad road.
I would search for better options and something that looks a little less road weary, that is unless you are an accomplished luthier.

See, I'd rock the sh!t outta that guitar (or at least whatever sh!t is left in it ;):D ).

Good guitars get played, folks.

That's the real question, What's it got left in the tank without having to do major work to it.

Probably just needs some strings and a tetanus shot?

This seems perfect for The Fight or Furtive, or somebody else not afraid of a couple of bruises.

See, I'd rock the sh!t outta that guitar (or at least whatever sh!t is left in it ;):D ).

Good guitars get played, folks.
+1000 here!

It looks perfect fine to me. The only real bad thing that can happen to a guitar is a broken Neck or headstock, which is really common on Gibson and highly uncommon on PRS.
If it's not the case here, I'd say the guitar is really cool. Fret job needed? That's easy. Wrong pickups/electronics? Easy fix too.

Thankfully the collective wisdom here greatly exceeds my knowledge from this era, now I think you should buy it!!

Am I the only one who thinks the knob and switch placement was put in during a pin the tail on the donkey? With or without whiskey?

Lots about this looks interesting and believable. See above. The two things that get me are knob and switch placement, and the headstock shape looks f&cked up to me. Just my two bits. I think I'd go the other way on this if I was interested. More like $48. Maybe $50 if it comes with a strap.

Back