Do Wrap around Tailpieces wear out?

88prs

OCD for PRS
Do Wrap around Tailpieces wear out? I have a 2001 Custom that the D string sounds fuzzy to me when played clean in the middle section of the neck 3-8. Action is not to low and neck relief is perfect :)....

Thought of changing to the nickle adjustable wrap tailpiece, but $200,, worth the investment?

I think it's much more likely to be due to fret wear, particularly because it's only in one part of the neck.

Burrs can form on the bridge, but that will affect the string's vibration all the time.

If the notes sound fuzzy in a certain part of the fretboard it soubds like relief or a fret wear issue

Do Wrap around Tailpieces wear out? I have a 2001 Custom that the D string sounds fuzzy to me when played clean in the middle section of the neck 3-8. Action is not to low and neck relief is perfect :)....

Thought of changing to the nickle adjustable wrap tailpiece, but $200,, worth the investment?

yes they can wear out, however it should take a long time, but related to how tight they fit the post, each post has a the bottom and top washer that clamps onto the bridge, it has to be tight or the bridge can rotate forward with string tension and cause buzzing or sitar sounds. The John mann wrap around adjustable with individual saddles is absolutely perfect beautiful upgrade, increase sustain increase note clarity, increased adjustability. 99% of everybody loves them. It is worth the investment

Back