Do Wrap around Tailpieces wear out?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by 88prs, Apr 30, 2019.

1. 88prs

88prs New Member

Do Wrap around Tailpieces wear out? I have a 2001 Custom that the D string sounds fuzzy to me when played clean in the middle section of the neck 3-8. Action is not to low and neck relief is perfect :)....

Thought of changing to the nickle adjustable wrap tailpiece, but $200,, worth the investment?

2. garrett

garrett Not a New Member

I think it's much more likely to be due to fret wear, particularly because it's only in one part of the neck.

Burrs can form on the bridge, but that will affect the string's vibration all the time.

3. AP515

AP515 Mostly Normal

This or the nut.

4. PietPompies

PietPompies New Member

If the notes sound fuzzy in a certain part of the fretboard it soubds like relief or a fret wear issue

5. Ironwolf

Ironwolf I'm a Dog! I do Dog Things!

yes they can wear out, however it should take a long time, but related to how tight they fit the post, each post has a the bottom and top washer that clamps onto the bridge, it has to be tight or the bridge can rotate forward with string tension and cause buzzing or sitar sounds. The John mann wrap around adjustable with individual saddles is absolutely perfect beautiful upgrade, increase sustain increase note clarity, increased adjustability. 99% of everybody loves them. It is worth the investment

matt3310 likes this.