Do we anticipate a V2 of MT-15 any time soon?

WorstBandName

Hi all,

I've been looking to pick up one of these for a small box, hi gain small head. I was wondering if we anticipate an updated version any time soon? I know the MT-100 in on the horizon for folks who need big iron, so I wasn't sure if an updated MT-15 would be something that could happen too. I get that its projection, but figured I should check before throwing down some cash, as it's not really something I have to get too soon.

Thanks for the insights!

Matt

I thought they already did a v2 when supply of 6L6 tubes dried up so now have something else that Tremonti likes better...

I thought they already did a v2 when supply of 6L6 tubes dried up so now have something else that Tremonti likes better...

They’ve made some internal changes to address ground noise, too. But I’d be very surprised to see anything on the user end change - don’t mess with success!!!
Yeah, I saw they are using 5881 JJ tubes, or something like that? It seems like messing with a good selling head, unless they could easily enhance the features, wouldn't make sense.

Yeah, I saw they are using 5881 JJ tubes, or something like that? It seems like messing with a good selling head, unless they could easily enhance the features, wouldn't make sense.

I don't think Tremonti will be updating it anytime soon as he believes its the 'best' amp on the market at the Price point and easily competing with $4k Boutique amps. He loves the amp so I doubt very much any further iterations will occur in the foreseeable future - especially as they are working on the MT-100 - unless the factory that's supplying the 'new' tubes doesn't burn down or become a Supply issue moving forward - especially as Russia was one of, if not the biggest, manufacturer and supplier of Tubes.

Good interview with Mark Tremonti talking Amps inc talk about the MT-15 and its 'change' to new tubes, why that happened etc...

If you like the amp, just go ahead and get it. No guarantee of a new revision as far as I am aware and no guarantee if there is one that you will like it more. :)

I don't think Tremonti will be updating it anytime soon as he believes its the 'best' amp on the market at the Price point and easily competing with $4k Boutique amps. He loves the amp so I doubt very much any further iterations will occur in the foreseeable future - especially as they are working on the MT-100 - unless the factory that's supplying the 'new' tubes doesn't burn down or become a Supply issue moving forward - especially as Russia was one of, if not the biggest, manufacturer and supplier of Tubes.

Good interview with Mark Tremonti talking Amps inc talk about the MT-15 and its 'change' to new tubes, why that happened etc...

I agree, but I'm always apt to ask around in case I missed some sort of "insider" announcement since I'm not always as up on PRS.

I watched that Know Your Gear As Well. He seemed pretty proud of himself. I don't really follow him either but I think it's a cool-sounding amp, usable at home, even though it's loud for "15 watts." I have a Tone King Sky King and I'm looking for an opposite sort of amp when I want to play hi-gain stuff, which is less often, and this is easily in the price range as it is something I would use a lot less than the Tone King. I have a few Revv 1x12s I can use with it already too.

Ferrari swears by the V12. Ever driven one?
Does a V8 count?
06MPOh0.jpg

Back