Do PRS guitars with tremolos no longer ship with flat pickup rings?

Sage

While you were partying I studied the guitar.
I ask because there's only one option for pickup rings in the PRS Accessory Shop: ACC-4261. I just received a set of these pickup rings and was disappointed to find they are tapered, like you would find on a stoptail guitar, not flat like the pickup rings that go with the tremolo. If I install these on my Custom 24, the pickups won't sit parallel to the strings. On a stoptail, where the neck is angled more, they would. But my guitar has a trem and a straighter neck angle.

So what's the deal with the pickup rings on 2011-2013 guitars? Did PRS stop using flat pickup rings entirely, or do they just not offer them through the Accessory Shop?

Last edited:
It looks like the new pickup rings, where the pickup height screws countersunk, are between the old flat and tapered pickup rings. To my knowledge, PRS now uses these pickup rings on all their production guitars whether they're have a stoptail or tremolo.

I will say I bought a new set of these pickup rings to install on an older PRS and they didn't work. Since the screwheads that adjust the pickup height are countersunk, they go farther into the body of the guitar. On my Singlecut, the adjustment height screws going farther into the guitar kept the pickup rings from sitting flush onto the guitar. In some cases, you'll have to saw off the adjustment height screws off to make it work.

Back