Do I Need a Paul's Guitar If I...

I've gotta say that my 408 is the only thing keeping me from needing a Paul's Guitar (or, at least that's what I keep telling myself). But if the Paul's Guitar is anything like some of my other "limited" stoptail McCarty guitars (for instance, the 53/10 Ltd., which is CRAZY resonant) then I'm sure it would find its own place & need. I have no doubt that they're phenomenal guitars.

I had a Brushstroke 24 ( 24 fret Pauls Guitar with a trem ) It was a nice guitar BUT for me the full size 408 pickup sounds better in the bridge.
I do need a guitar with a wrap bridge so a Pauls might be in my future.

IMG_3093 by
IMG_6449 by

However, you have to keep in mind that the bridge pickup is in a different spot on a 24 fret guitar than it is on the 22 fret one that you had. That might have a lot to do with your preference.

If you are looking for logic on this decision, I offer this. It would appear from your signature that you are the proud owner of 16 PRSi! Although sweet 16 may seem like a great number, 16 is NOT a prime number. Therefore you are not living a prime life. If you want to reach the zenith of your existence, you must have a prime number of PRS guitars! It does not matter which model (all PRS tones are aligned with the prime directive), just get another!! And then, once you have 17, your next purchase will need to be of two guitars to maintain a prime existence!

Hope that helps!!!

Happy primin'!
MW

Back