Do all S2 Single Cut years have coil splitting?

bobalu

Hi all, I'm new to PRS (long time Gibson moving over!) so am seeking some clarification. I thought the 2016 S2 Single Cut had coil splitting but I played a nice Antique White new old stock that did not have it. Its the model with no pick guard and locking tuners + adjustable bridge (not just the plain stop bar wrap). I really like this S2 and want to pull the trigger on it. It should be on the tone control pots, correct? Thanks for any help!

Yes, the coil split is via the tone pots. I played 2014 used model at my local shop and it definitely had the split function. Great guitar, sustained for DAYS and that wide fat neck was killer. I should have bought it back then.

I have a 2017 that has the coil splits on the tone. They are VERY stiff to pull when the guitar is new. Once they have been used a couple/few times the pot pulls easier.

I have a 2017 that has the coil splits on the tone. They are VERY stiff to pull when the guitar is new. Once they have been used a couple/few times the pot pulls easier.
Thanks Mark, good to know. I'll test it out again and make sure I check it more thoroughly. When I tried it, the tone know was loose and I actually pulled it off (quite easily). After that I didn't check out the push/pull any further.

Back