Disappointment

I have not donated any cash, as I have been unemployed(until today, yippee!), but I plan on donating between 50-100USD to it. I have Done the challenge. I believe in the cause. I hate the Disease. It sucks. And there isnt anything that can be done about it.

If you really want to be a ********* and complain about the videos on your Social Media feed, fine. Be that guy. Haters gonna hate is as simply as I can put it. Dont be like that. Help be the change.
I want a drug that cures ALS. I want to see cancer cured, too(Theres a cure but its banned in the USA, political FDA Bullsh*t). Raising awareness is just about all the little people can do. We should feel proud that we have that power.

Donating or doing something for charity should be a selfless act. No one should feel pressured into donating or taking part. They should do it because they want to. A good cause ( amongst many ). I'll be donating some money to the motor neurone disease charity (mndassociation.org) here in the UK. Sorry to be a spoil sport but I'd rather put my money towards something useful and (hopefully see the long term effects of that money helping) than yet another video of someone pouring cold water on their head.

I'm thinking this guy probably thinks this trend, silly as it may be, has been a good thing.

Reread this today, and I wanted to clarify - by 'this guy' I meant Jason Becker. I realized it could come off as a shot at the OP, and that was not my intent.

ALS is a worthy cause among many. Let's hope the ALS Association spends this windfall wisely and doesn't succumb to the traps so many charitable organizations do.

I've been to the edge, there is no life beyond the Serge.

And Sergio, much as I love ya, you better watch your back. If rugerpc finds out you think you're the be-all and end-all of the forum, he's going to come looking for you!

I hope this is supposed to be humor, Alan. Did I do something to piss you off?

I hope this is supposed to be humor, Alan. Did I do something to piss you off?

Absolute humor. You seem to be the one who gets accused of being the "be-all and end-all" of the forum more than anyone. Didn't want anyone taking your gig!

Back