John Mayer pays touching tribute to Jason Becker in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge video

themike

Jason Becker, one of the worlds most talented guitarists, has been publicly fighting ALS for years and recently took the Ice Bucket Challenge himself. He among the people he nominated to participate, he chose John Mayer who not only obliged but played a touching rendition of Jason's song "Air". Im a huge John Mayer and Jason Becker fan so this was very touching to me and Im sure you guys might get a kick out of it too.

JohnMayer said:
I was nominated for the ice bucket challenge by Jason Becker, a phenomenal musician who has ALS. Though he can no longer play guitar because of the disease, he still continues to compose beautiful music. I thought I'd play along with one of Jason’s old guitar recordings before I went for the bucket.

Jason himself responded to Mayers video later:

JasonBecker said:
"Holy Cow! John, I am such a huge fan of your music and guitar playing! I can't tell you how much this meant to me! Your version of "Air" melted me, brother. My parents and I are so moved. Thank you big time!"

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool:
My aunt died from ALS quite a few years ago. It was tough to see her in the late stages. It's nice that people have gotten so into this across the world, hopefully it can do some good.

Good stuff.

I had to name my pick for the sickest guitar player ever it would be Becker.

He and his are amazing people.

Back