Disappointment ! Rip Theguitarshop.

That is sad news. Brent and his crew were great. That's where I got my 59/09 and one of their Limited '85 Tribute guitars. They had some amazing PRS and cool amps over the years.

While there is nothing wrong with the Long & McQuade chain, they simply don't carry much for PRS in just about any of their locations. I'm in the same boat out here in Alberta, I really like my guys (they've been very accommodating to me) at the Highlands store in Edmonton, but in the last two years all I've seen hanging on their display is an Angelus 40. Sure, they'll order anything, but they really only carry Fender, Gibson, Squire and Epi and a few limited others if you want a test spin. And I've never had a bummer experience in all my orders, which haven't exactly been "few" in the last few years. Still it's nice to be able to test a guitar before laying down the green.
I've since become familiar with a more PRS oriented (almost exclusive) local shop, but in discussion with another member here, I won't bring them up as he's had a rather disappointing experience with them. You can check out my Guitar Heaven thread for more details, but they aren't in your neck of the woods so it won't help you much anyway.
Really hope you find a good personable shop that you can drive to. It's a 4 hour commute for me to Edmonton from the sticks where I live, I feel your pain.

Back