Disappointed with my first PRS

yeah that definitely appears that something abrasive is touching that neck. But nothing a little virtuoso polish wouldn't buff right out. But it's new, so if it is bothering you and you are in your return window, just return it, and keep returning it until you find the one you want.
My left hand? I have an office job. I don’t have rough hands.

What does the rest of the guitar look like? Can we see the front?
It looks fine. It's only back of the neck that’s looking ****. But honestly, this shouldn’t happen after couple hours of playing. As I wrote previously, my hands are fine. I have a Epiphone LP made in China that I bought new back in 2008 that looks nothing like this.

The scratches are odd. Do they clear up with a cleaning cloth? If the finish is that soft, I’d suspect they would. That’s not going to get better with time.

Have you stretched the strings? Do the easy stuff first.

IMG-6079.jpg

Yes. Got the guitar on Friday and here’s the back of the neck. Again, I don’t wear jewelry and I do work in IT so my hands are not rough like a builders hands.
Lemon

My 2022 CU24 has cracks in the finish. I still love to play it but the cracks are unsightly. I was disappointed considering what I paid for it. My first PRS, a 1999 CU22 is still perfect, less some minor play wear. Oh well.

My 2022 CU24 has cracks in the finish. I still love to play it but the cracks are unsightly. I was disappointed considering what I paid for it. My first PRS, a 1999 CU22 is still perfect, less some minor play wear. Oh well.
If you bought that guitar new, contact PRS. You didn't say if it was an SE, S2 or Core. They are pretty good about taking care of issues like that.

The scratches are odd. Do they clear up with a cleaning cloth? If the finish is that soft, I’d suspect they would. That’s not going to get better with time.
They don’t come off. It’s only gonna get worse.

Yes, it was new. I returned it. Maybe I’ll try another one idk. GAS levels low after this one ;)

Hello,

I bought a 2022 custom 24 se couple days ago. Guitar is new and I have to say I’m a bit disappointed with it.

The paint quality is kind of ****. Neck is getting a lot of swirls and it’s fuzzy looking after just couple of days. I do not wear any jewelry btw. I have a Chinese made epiphone lp that’s like 12y old that I bought new that looks better than my se, wtf?

Tuning is not really stable any bend will get it out of tune :(

I’m starting to wonder is cor-tec qc so **** and it is worth taking this guitar for a setup or it is just a total lemon?
do you complete the setup?

Just like others have said, black guitars reallllly show every little swirl and if you like at them in certain lighting conditions, they just look all messed up. Might not be anything you're doing. If this is your first time having a black guitar, I would just keep that in mind.

And I second that it seems like it needs a new set up but possibly a new nut as well since you mentioned tuning stability is so bad.

Back