Difference between these SE 245 models?

biglfat

Same guitar, however it looks like 2nd guitar is a more recent model, hence the higher price.

When I purchased mine new it was listed as a 2018 SE 245 Std and the picture had a wrap around bridge. Generic web-dealer not from a person.

It arrived with a 2020 serial number and an adjustable wrap around bridge, for the price of the 2018 model.

I was pleased to say the least. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

If you are talking with a salesdude there, I think their webguys, used the wrong picture on the more expensive one. I just "discovered " yesterday, that PRS makes a SE 245 ... with a maple cap, and veneer, usually with flame. I'd bet that is what the more expensive guitar is supposed to be. Seems as though even PRS calls them both SE245 without making a distinction ...

SE 245 Std is an all mahogany guitar, like this one -

An SE 245 with maple veneer/cap, looks like this -

The handsome chap on the photo does not come with the guitar!

It looks they used the same pic for both. I was just gonna post thus question myself when I found this post.
I ordered the model with the maple cap and veneer, charcoal burst, great deal on a blem.
I could be wrong but it looks like the second in the original post may come with a Gibson style bridge.
Says fixed bridge with stopbar tailpiece.
2nd one says PRS style and na for tail piece.
It's been bugging me as I was trying to decide which to buy but the deal on the blem with the maple cap made the decision for me.
They really need to make something clearer in the ad, both pics appear to be the same guitar and the description of the maple cap version is not as detailed.
Glad I'm not the only one that was left scratching their head by this.

It looks they used the same pic for both. I was just gonna post thus question myself when I found this post.
I ordered the model with the maple cap and veneer, charcoal burst, great deal on a blem.
I could be wrong but it looks like the second in the original post may come with a Gibson style bridge.
Says fixed bridge with stopbar tailpiece.
2nd one says PRS style and na for tail piece.
It's been bugging me as I was trying to decide which to buy but the deal on the blem with the maple cap made the decision for me.
They really need to make something clearer in the ad, both pics appear to be the same guitar and the description of the maple cap version is not as detailed.
Glad I'm not the only one that was left scratching their head by this.
The veneer one will come with the adjustable bridge, I'm 99% sure on that. Post pics when you can!

Back