Did PRS make CU22 with single coil?

Raymond

Hi

I am wondering if you guys with your immense PRS knowledge can help me.

I am currently looking at a secondhand PRS CU22 with two SC245 humbuckers (with coil tap) and a single coil between the two humbuckers. It is dated 2011 with a blade switch.

Did PRS really make these as standard at one point or limited run?

Thanks

I remember seeing one of those at the Guitar Center in Concord, CA a couple of years ago. Can't remember what they called it, though, but I do remember that I liked it and couldn't afford it! I believe those were a limited run for Guitar Center.

I believe it was called the Custom 22 Special. There was one limited version of this, if I am not mistaken, called the RH Special that had a custom distressed white paintjob with metal style stripes as well...

Thanks guys, I am looking at one which is solid black, binding, 2011.

I wanted something with single coil, was thinking about the Brent Mason Sig but this is much less. I know it is not the same as a BM with different body, wood, scale. Actually prefer a shorter scale.

XRFnJKd.jpg

More pics.

I am going to get it, it is at a fair price and good condition.

754qeC9.jpg

Mt8J2mI.jpg

emyQgPc.jpg

MT2fjag.jpg

Interesting, I was going to get a Studio at one point as well !

Truth is I wasn't looking, then came across it on a forum, half the price of a Brent Mason Sig !

That's one of the short-lived Special 22s. I got a Flametop in a trade awhile back. I sold it in fairly short order though. What it all comes down to for me, is that I'm really pretty much a Modern Eagle guy.

That's one of the short-lived Special 22s. I got a Flametop in a trade awhile back. I sold it in fairly short order though. What it all comes down to for me, is that I'm really pretty much a Modern Eagle guy.

Fair enough, although the ME is much much higher price and out of my budget i am afraid.

Back