DGT Push/Pull

Bump for an annoying problem. Any other ideas? Cool replacement knobs with better grip?

To answer my own inquiry I am more then happy to report that this "Ibanez Sure Grip III Deep Honey" knob:

11231615_800.jpg~original

is doing the trick marvellously well.

IMG_1755.jpg~original

Problem solved!

Yeah those Ibanez knobs work well.

Id' probably have went tele style, but they look funny on a PRS to me.

My pushpull is on a CU22 but I never use it enough to worry about it.

a question about installing a push/push tone knob,...once installed, during performance, besides "hearing" for a the difference, is there any way to tell you're in split-mode by looking or feeling it?....
I have no experience with this yet but wouldn't that be equally annoying finding out by "sound" that you're in the wrong pup mode..??

just asking....as the push/push make sense.

Kind of an old thread to bump up...

You can easily see the knob is pulled up if you look down at it. You will have a visual indicator as well as be able to hear the difference if you didn't look at the knob.

While I would prefer a push-push for this function, and have installed one on my strat for it, the push-pull on my DGT is easy to pull, never been an issue.

As far as "in the heat of battle", I'm not splitting coils DURING a song anyway. I chose the right position for the song I'm about to play, and that's that.

If the tone pot ever gets wonky on me (I doubt it), I'll replace with a push-push.

The push-pull function on my DGT doesn't bother me. As to the OP's question of why PRS does or doesn't make it this way instead of that way, my guess would be that DG of the DGT wanted that particular function in that particular way.

hey guys......Jason, i do realize that's this is an old thread...but I had a current question about this old issue...so thgere's the bump!!;)

But, just to be clear, I'm asking about a PUSH/PUSH......I have had Push/Pulls before and I can tell visually what mode I'm in, but is there a visual aid with a Push/PUSH..?

hey guys......Jason, i do realize that's this is an old thread...but I had a current question about this old issue...so thgere's the bump!!;)

But, just to be clear, I'm asking about a PUSH/PUSH......I have had Push/Pulls before and I can tell visually what mode I'm in, but is there a visual aid with a Push/PUSH..?
Nope. But you should be able to HEAR it, right? I mean, THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT, lol

Back