Detroit Tigers

László

Too Many Notes
Guys, I have to post something about the Tigers, who pulled an ALDS clinching win over Oakland last night behind Verlander's amazing 1-hit eight innings.

People had written them off after they fell behind in the series. Just goes to show the value of hanging in there and seeing things through, no matter what one does in life.

Verlander was awesome last night. I'm kind of rooting for the Tigers or the Sox to go all the way (they're the only two teams left who I've seen in their own stadiums).

Seems to me like there have been a few more pitching performances that were just beyond good this year - Wacha and Wainwright in 4 and 5 against Pittsburgh and Verlander last night. Cole in game 2 against St. Louis. And that's just games I watched.

There's been some very good pitching this year. It's making baseball interesting!

Yeah great job. A's were looking strong. The Rays flunked out in the division series (again!) so the season is over in my mind.

Pitching duel tonight went the Tigers' way.

Unfortunately, my Wolverines played the dumbest-derpy game at Penn State, that they were literally handed several opportunities to win, and the late play calling was to "not lose" instead of to go for the win. So they lost in 4 OTs. Yes, it was torture.

Back