Derek Trucks Mod ~ Dallas 50

If I had the spare cash I’d buy it, I like 4x10s, and the idea of the vintage Super with the mod is very appealing.

“Sell the Lone Star and the Fillmore and get it!”

“I threw the shipping boxes away so I wouldn’t be tempted to sell.”

“You’re a moron!”

“Tell me about it! I did the same with all but one guitar, and only kept that box if a guitar ever needs to be shipped for repair. It does disincentivize the buy/sell merry go round.”

* In the Derek Trucks mod, the gain was increased and the tone stack values were adjusted more towards a blackface Super Reverb.

If I had the spare cash I’d buy it, I like 4x10s, and the idea of the vintage Super with the mod is very appealing.

“Sell the Lone Star and the Fillmore and get it!”

“I threw the shipping boxes away so I wouldn’t be tempted to sell.”

“You’re a moron!”

“Tell me about it! I did the same with all but one guitar, and only kept that box if a guitar ever needs to be shipped for repair. It does disincentivize the buy/sell merry go round.”
C'mon, be realistic. There's no way you're getting that downstairs, and into your studio.

Thanks, love the clips I've heard, as I'm giving my Sovtek Mig 50 head to my grandsons along with a 200 w 2x10 cab I built ,a nice 50 replacement would be cool 1 for 1. I still have my slant front 4x12 Marshall so a 4x10 is redundant. I'm in no rush so when a nice Paisley head comes up this time I can jump. HX/DA , Dallas, Recording ,or a Paul's .. What can I say I'm an old hippie and I love the paisely cases and amps ..

What can I say I'm an old hippie and I love the paisely cases and amps ..
I love the paisley guitar cases I have. I'd probably love the amps, too, but mine happen to be Tolex versions.

I DO remember those psychedelic Liquid Light Shows at what in the late '60s passed for concerts, and the paisley motifs on the posters for the shows. Lots of trippy paisley stuff.

I also recall that paisley was big during the Mod era; I remember having a paisley shirt with white collar, a Mod jacket, several pairs of velvet pants, and Beatle style boots for shows.

"You looked truly stoopit in that stuff."

"Nonsense! I looked unbelievably cool. And I was popular with the girls when I wore it."

"They felt sorry for you. It was a pity party."

"I wish I could go back to that kind of pity party, then."

"Still got the duds?"

"Sadly, no, though the good news is that I can still fit into the size I wore in senior year of high school, except the pants would be too short."

"Actually, the real good news is that you no longer have that embarrassing clothing."

Is there a post with a list of all of the PRS amplifiers that have been sold historically?

Les needs to be careful here. Sooner or later a question will arise as to whether he ever wore those polyester suits in the 70s.

never did polyester .. Hippies are all into the organic . I foundly remember the free concerts in Golden Gate Park , the bands coming through . Got to see Clapton and Ginger Baker jam on the beach at Tahoe back in 69 before their show .. ( Jack was occupied in the cottage) MANY Dead shows , in one of the vid's ah they were great times , cheap concerts and housing and recreational appetizers

Les needs to be careful here. Sooner or later a question will arise as to whether he ever wore those polyester suits in the 70s.
No. Polyester double-knit was strictly for parvenus who didn't have a clue.

I was wearing Lasserre clothing from France in the '70s. Only pure wool. No department store stuff. I had a 'clothier'. I drove Alfa-Romeo. The double-knit crowd had...I can hardly bear to say this word...Pintos.

"You were/are awfully snotty."

"But I was compassionate. I did pity them from afar."

Last edited:
@Greywolf

Paisley?

I check a few times a day .. it's too cold to work in the shop for the next few days ....

I'm hoping sometime between now an July .. if karma deems it , it will happen .

Back