NGD - 2019 McCarty 594 Semi-Hollow RW neck in Charcoal Wrap Metallic

Sevenandaquarter

Have been looking for my dream 594 forever. Had a beautiful WL one before in Eriza Verde Smokeburst with a beautiful Flamed Maple neck, but for some reason the string tension on that one was a bit tighter than I expected from the shorter scale length.

This green is one of my favorite colors for a guitar, it's like the green Gretsch uses, and I love RW necks and wanted a semi-hollow so I had to bite. I was cool with a 2019 594 since these have the Phase III's still and I can't tell a huge difference between these 58/15 LTs and the new TCI-tuned ones and I don't care about nitro finishes as much as some folks.

This guitar is perfect. Just perfect. I'm really needing guitars that can do sparkly, ambient, shimmering stuff, but being a PRS fan it's a bit harder to find guitars that do that extremely well. It's so lightweight and the Pattern Vintage might be my favorite neck carve ever, right up there with the Santana, Gibson 50's rounded, and the Silver Sky - 63/64 Strat carves. The RW neck with BRW board is just butter and the tone is incredible. The semi-hollow construction really brings out the airiness in these 58/15 LTs. These pickups are just insane. After years of hearing that PRS pickups "suck" or don't have character, it's awesome that Paul has designed both these and the 635JMs, two of the absolute best production pickups on the market today. I just love how they have the same number of windings in both the neck and bridge and every combo usable, with the "acousticy" tone of the in-between setting with both pickups split being my fave. There's such great note separation and clarity - they are never muddy. The midrange is so smooth and compressed, like it's been EQ'ed, and it's so musical.

kzbes8mqkzul657lfh1u.jpg

npu9i2tlu4cymt55689z.jpg

vtwfcc3he1un3kq11oie.jpg

hlomqhu33gph0t9kri51.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/28285985-pa...fretboard-charcoal-wrap-metallic-natural-back

P.S. Necessitated by my style and some thinning of the herd, I'll be selling some gear on Reverb soon, including a few of my beloved Santanas (sorry Carlos, I need to jangle), a SAS 25th NF, and a few Gibsons. Message me if you're interested and I'll cut you a deal!

Absolutely bada$$!!! I love those metallic colors....wouldn't mind seeing them spread out across all models and lines. And, yeah...like @Black Plaid said, they look sooooo cool with natural backs!

Congrats!

Ooohhh! Dig the metallic flake finish 594 with the nattie back and especially the RW neck for the win!

Congrats!

Back