Decisions, Decisions...

So the 24-08 that has my eye:

2021 24-08

Check me on this; that blade switch. Seems rather delicate compared to a toggle. I'm really over-thinking this aren't I...
I’ve had mine since 2020 and haven’t had any issues with the blade switch. I prefer it to a toggle because I can easily give it a whack with my hand while I’m playing, with the way it’s positioned it’s really natural to change pickups while playing.

I’ve had mine since 2020 and haven’t had any issues with the blade switch. I prefer it to a toggle because I can easily give it a whack with my hand while I’m playing, with the way it’s positioned it’s really natural to change pickups while playing.
Excellent-- thanks!

BTW, love the RUSH reference in your username :cool:

Thanks all!

I'm going to sleep on it another day before deciding... It may come down to the neck shape, as thin necks have never been very comfortable... but that comes and goes. I've often set aside a thin-necked guitar, then a few months later picked it up and fell in love again LOL!

Also, I've found a few 'leftover' 24-08s that have the "Pattern" neck, but the control layout is a little odd... and I'm not fond of blade switches.

There are always compromises in life. I'll just have to pick one and be done. My wife wants me to get the DGT; just a matter of pulling the trigger.

Thanks again for the help!

~M
Well if you have the wife onboard for buying a guitar, you'd best take advantage before it changes directions... LoL!

Dreams Are Dreams For A Reason...Make Yours Come True. I Would Get The Custom 24 And Never Look Back. If The CE Is Too Similar, I Would Eventually Move It For Whatever It Is That You Find That Really Speaks To Your Heart. Make Sure With Those Guitar Proceeds You Get Your Wife Some Flowers And Write Her A Nice Note Telling Her How Much You Love, Value And Appreciate Her. :)
This makes me think of an old friend from my dirt bike racing days. He went through a couple bikes a year. Each one cost him twice the difference between the new bike and the sale proceeds of his old bike. There was always equal $ value In jewelry involved in the transaction.

I'm in the camp that says the CU24 and CE24 are so much alike, that a DGT would be a bigger addition than the CU24. Had an old CE24, like 92 old. Great guitar, modded it. I shared your dream, bought a CU24 and the CE only was compilibg dust. Sold it, bought a CU22 with stoptail and that balances nicely.

Could be an option for you as well?

4-D2-E2114-71-F1-4009-83-EB-79-C70-F026-E0-A.jpg

Back