Dealing with this!

I'd certainly think that would make it hard to play toe tappin' tunes.

Do your toes just hate your big toes and just try to stay as far away as possible?

That has got to be uncomfortable. My foot issue were bad enough (minor as they were), and they were never that bad. That reminds me of a picture I saw of former NFL player Chuck Bednarik's hands - he had bones broken so many times that his fingers pointed in a bunch of different directions.

cricketNNP1109_468x290.jpg

Man, both of those hurt to look at! My sympathy to your husband’s feet! I have one toe that points left, cause I broke it and taped it to its little brother. I will never complain about it again!

So let me explain. He had 18 fractures in his feet. They keep occurring and reoccurring. He doesn’t have any bone disease such as osteoporosis or anything if the kind. They are doing surgery on him. They are breaking the body of the foot first and then the individual toes. He already got the body of his right operated on except when he had the cast on another bone broke and the screws used to join the bones together, 1 has snapped and is causing him a great deal of pain. He goes in to repair the damaged screws in two weeks. And then two weeks after that he gets his toes broken. They have put him on a drug called Forteo. It is supposed promote bone density and regeneration. This drug is making him miserable. I am so glad that he’s off the morphine. Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde syndrome.

This process of surgery, healing and recovery will be 2-3 years in the making. I have been his caregiver throughout this. I am able to leave work at any given time for any emergencies that arise. I am always on call or so it seems.

I think this is helping to mess up my love affairs with my guitars and music. I am always tired or trying to catch up on sleep, hence the daily naps I need now.

One day ata time. Slow and easy wins this race.

You will make it through. Family and marriage are the bonds we support above all others. You are a strong and dedicated person to support your husband through this. Something I keep in mind when I can, and when I am challenged - “We become who we need to be.”

So let me explain. He had 18 fractures in his feet. They keep occurring and reoccurring. He doesn’t have any bone disease such as osteoporosis or anything if the kind. They are doing surgery on him. They are breaking the body of the foot first and then the individual toes. He already got the body of his right operated on except when he had the cast on another bone broke and the screws used to join the bones together, 1 has snapped and is causing him a great deal of pain. He goes in to repair the damaged screws in two weeks. And then two weeks after that he gets his toes broken. They have put him on a drug called Forteo. It is supposed promote bone density and regeneration. This drug is making him miserable. I am so glad that he’s off the morphine. Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde syndrome.

This process of surgery, healing and recovery will be 2-3 years in the making. I have been his caregiver throughout this. I am able to leave work at any given time for any emergencies that arise. I am always on call or so it seems.

I think this is helping to mess up my love affairs with my guitars and music. I am always tired or trying to catch up on sleep, hence the daily naps I need now.

One day ata time. Slow and easy wins this race.
Do you have one of those knee wheels carts? Rest the knee of the repaired leg on it and scout around like a champion. It made a huge difference when my wife had her foot smashed to bits. I still have it if you/he need/want it.

Do you have one of those knee wheels carts? Rest the knee of the repaired leg on it and scout around like a champion. It made a huge difference when my wife had her foot smashed to bits. I still have it if you/he need/want it.
We have a walker, a wheel chair and a scooter. All the gadgets installed in the bathroom etc. He’s thinks he’s Mario Andretti on his scooter. I have already told him to slow down and be mindful of his surroundings. If he falls over I won’t be able to even budge him.

Thank you so kindly for your offer. That was so very sweet of you!!

The only thing I can say is I wish he wasn’t on any of the pain meds because they make him extremely moody. I understand this but I can only take so much. The worst drug was the morphine. He was taking less of a dose then prescribed. It’s such a nasty drug.

Lola, thanks for sharing this. It might lessen your burden a tiny bit. We can pick up a bit of it.

You've really got your plate full.

Plus your nearly-lethal migraines. I wish you well and send you sympathy.

=K

Lola, thanks for sharing this. It might lessen your burden a tiny bit. We can pick up a bit of it.

You've really got your plate full.

Plus your nearly-lethal migraines. I wish you well and send you sympathy.

=K
Thank you for your kind words. My migraines have eased up for now, long is unknown. They have a different pattern now. I am trying to figure it out.

WOW!! I’ve been broken all to pieces myself, so I can somewhat relate to constant long term pain. Luckily my feet have been left pretty much unscathed (so far). I hope both you guys can get some relief sooner rather than later.

Now…I’m gonna need you to remove all the coffee tables, chairs, open toed sandals and anything else that might aggravate his injuries from your home.

Seriously though…I hope you both get some relief soon!

Back