Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
This is some work I did in 2014-2016. List of my favorites at the end!

Da' Mutta' Funka's

This "band" is me except the first song (Funk Monster), where a friend played guitar and keys. I was too nervous, it being the first song I ever released. I do use sampled drums (but not percussion) and horns, and on 3 or 4 of these 30 songs I used some guitar loops (did not have a PRS yet and if I had, I like to think I would not have resorted to said guitar parts).

The first album It's All About Funk (which I almost titled "Greatest Hits") was pressed to CD, and I sent out 438 copies to indy and college radio stations across the country (if anyone wants my mailing list of said stations, PM me). Of the ones who reported their plays to the artists (which is a small percentage of them), I had 6 different songs of the 13 on that album played on 16 different radio stations in 11 states. I chalked that up as pretty good for a rookie who played basically everything himself. And I had as much fun doing that music as anything I have done in my life. There is certainly some garbage ("Holy Thumb Funk Batman", "Are You Happy to See Me Or Do You Just Like to Funk", etc) in this portfolio, but there is also some stuff I think is worth listening to (see list at end).

I am not done with this group, and the next project is going to be a Funk opera titled "Oogie In Funkerland"! I have about 80% of the characters, song lyrics and story written. Probably only 20% of the music started. It is going to take a LOT of time though, and I am this year focusing on my Moondog Wily content, so probably 2022 for the opera. I may push out a Funk song or two I have laying around this year if MW needs a break!

So if you do listen, let me know what you think! Would love to hear more of the forum members productions as well. I did a count, and there have been only 39 new posts in 2021 for the Studio & Stage forum here, and all of those aren't music. As much as I love the pix of all of your guitars, I would love even more to hear what you are doing with them. Shout out to those who are posting their stuff, you know who you are!!!

Here are a few of my favs from Da' Mutta' Funka's in chronological order:
Funk Monster (Oct 31, 2014)
Who Got Funk? (Jan 28, 2015)
Corner Of Funk & Boogie (Jan 28, 2015 - "Oogie In Funkerland" starts on this corner)
Funkaholics Unanimous (Oct 31, 2015 - title track from second album - based on the Funkin' 12 step program)
Luna Funk (Oct 31, 2015 - yes, more mooning)
Want to avoid listening to me try to sing (you would not be the first or last)? Try a little Funkinberry Jam (Oct 31, 2015), it's Funkdillyumptious!

Getcha' Funk on!!!

Happy pickin'!
MW (aka Oogie Boogie of Da' Mutta' Funka's)

Thanks Les! I had sh!tloads of fun creating that stuff!!! Not that I am not having fun with my latest stuff, but there are a lot of internal meanings and hidden stuff in Da' Mutta' Funka's material ;~)) I appreciate your feedback and time!!!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Fun stuff! I like Funk Monster best!
Thanks for the feedback DanJ! Much appreciated!! It is certainly the best produced song, because a pro/friend helped me!! Still one of my favs as well, first song I ever released!

Looking forward to seeing the shred vids of you and your PRS's!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Back