D E V O

F@CK YEEEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

There's SO much more to DEVO if all you're familiar with is "Whip it"... Such an important band, and SO GOOD!

Last edited by a moderator:
DEVO brings back a ton of memories of being a wild teenager in the 80s!!!! I think I love 70s music so much because when I hear some of that stuff it takes me back to when I was growing up.

I started highschool in 1980 and missed out on DEVO at the time. The punk/new wave era was completely lost on me.
Years later I finally 'found' DEVO and they've become one of my favorite bands.
I can hear their influence in so much music.
I recommend them to people all the time. They'll usually say something like, You mean those guys that wore flower pots on their heads? I say, They're energy domes.

Great great band with TONS of fantastic music.

Devo was so deliciously weird!

I was a rink guard at our local ice skating rink when Whip It was popular. When it came on, everyone, and I mean everyone, stopped what they were doing and skated just as fast as they could. The wind from the skating swirled around the rink for the next two songs.

Mark Mothersbaugh is now one of LA's best known film scorers, with lots of movies to his credit. But they still do shows from time to time.

I love Devo, but the stars have never aligned to see them live. I had tix for an outdoor show a couple years ago, but it was canceled because of weather. They came back the next year - the same night Ace Frehley was here.

WAY more to Devo than Whip It. Loved their Fridays appearances, especially with the treadmills.

I remember the movie, circa 1978, In the End Was The Beginning...The Art of De-evolution, traveling college campuses via film festival. The birth of Devo; Can't Get no Satisfaction. I joined the fan club (fan number 440 IIRC), and received a yellow suit.

I think DEVO had a song on the Heavy Metal mvie sound track.

I always kind of dug this one. Kind of a Johnny B good Devo Style.

Can't forget one of the best cover tunes ever...

Look at that Iceman. Wicked looking guitars. I always wanted the J. Yuenger Iceman.

I think DEVO had a song on the Heavy Metal mvie sound track.

You think correctly (but that's why you're here!).

The live version from Fridays...

Back