Custom Pickup Rings?

Gogeta

I've had a wonderful 30th Anniversary Custom 24 in Faded Whale Blue for about 5 years. I'm swapping the 85/15s for a set of Bare Knuckles and I think it's finally time to swap out the white pickup rings. Its literally the only thing about Custom 24s I don't like.

Does anyone know of a good place to find custom pickup rings? I found chrome rings which would match the incoming pickups but I've seen some flamed maple rings that look cool too, however I would want the color to match the finish.

Any help would be appreciated.

Allparts are probably the most reasonable in price. No matter were you purchase them you’ll probably find that you’ll have to finish them yourself or find somebody to do it for you.
https://www.allparts.com/products/pc-0745-non-slanted-humbucking-pickup-ring-set
https://www.allparts.com/products/pc-0745-non-slanted-humbucking-pickup-ring-set

Thanks for the link. That's what I figured. I'm leaning towards a chrome pair to match the pickups but wanted to search around first.

I bought a set of ebony from Crazy Parts in Germany, there pretty nice.

I've had a wonderful 30th Anniversary Custom 24 in Faded Whale Blue for about 5 years. I'm swapping the 85/15s for a set of Bare Knuckles and I think it's finally time to swap out the white pickup rings. Its literally the only thing about Custom 24s I don't like.

Does anyone know of a good place to find custom pickup rings? I found chrome rings which would match the incoming pickups but I've seen some flamed maple rings that look cool too, however I would want the color to match the finish.

Any help would be appreciated.

which bare knuckles are you putting in? You can still get a set of chrome PRS p/u rings. Just google it.

which bare knuckles are you putting in? You can still get a set of chrome PRS p/u rings. Just google it.

I'm a sucker for progressive metal and heavier tunes so I was looking at the Silos or Ragnoroks. If anyone has any other recommendations I'm all ears. I have a set of Juggernauts in a Mayones and I love them.

I bought a set of ebony from Crazy Parts in Germany, there pretty nice.

Yeah, shame they being run by a knob. Their customer service is a joke. I opt to stay away as far as possible

Last edited:
Do you want to kill everything?
My blend adds neck or bridge pickup to the middle pickup - a little notch at centre is middle only.

i like that - i’m blending in the neck so would use the tails for full neck and full bridge, and the notch for all pickups. and then ‘kill everything’ on push. i swear i have seen a kill switch knob somewhere around here...

Just throwing it in...Ive gotten wood rings from MacPherson Guitars on Etsy. Good price, great product, just remember the screw holes arent recessed.

Anyone know a place to find quality chrome pickup rings? I'm swapping the 85/15s for a chrome set of BKP Silo's

Back